Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
Primary Role and Responsibilities
- Analyze and report data to meet management/customer needs (many Ad-Hoc reports).
- Identify new sources of data and methods to improve data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Improve data collection methods and design reports to meet data analysis needs.
- Improve efficiency, accuracy, and validity of the data between systems used throughout the factory.
- Utilize computer software to automate data collection/visualization methods.
- Implement logic to further utilize data more efficiently.
- Work with other departments to drive towards continuous improvement. · Understand, and analyze factory KPIs.
- Continuously deepen your knowledge
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Engineering, Accounting or related field
- 2+ years of professional or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- IT skills highly preferred (SQL, Python, and Java preferred)
- BI/Statistical Analysis Software proficiency required (ex: Tableau, Jump, ARCGIS, etc.)
- End-to-end experience with data: querying, aggregation, analysis, and visualization
- Must be able to learn and understand equipment capabilities, operation flow, and data flow logics
- Must be detailed oriented
- Must be able to walk through out the factory extensively
- Excellent communication skills required
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.