Panasonic – Manager, Applications Development
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Act as a bridge between management and the development team for planning, managing, tracking, and providing status of development activities. Assist with defining and optimizing processes, as well as ensuring process compliance. Directly manage resources, including establishing and reviewing performance goals. Drive delivery of planned software releases on time and with quality. Review and influence technical decisions.
- Work with key customers to act as product owner, understand high level requirements as pertaining to not only Process Tracker but overall solution ecosystem. Additionally, work to address issues, assist with deployments, and manage customer Beta installations and testing.
- Work with team leads to plan and execute projects, ensuring that the teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, project plans, direction, and resources to deliver products effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that they remain on target to meet those timelines.
- Monitor, track and report the status of all the projects of various teams, acting as a gateway through which work should be assigned to appropriate teams while ensuring that project scope is adequately defined.
- Work with the Quality Assurance team by providing guidance for implementation of quality improvement processes to ensure coverage of all scenarios and ensuring delivery of the product with high quality.
- Understand the domain, the existing software system applications, architecture in various areas to improve the functionality and performance of the system.
- Serve as the technical lead for discussions with customers, as well as with other R&D teams, within and outside the organization.
- Assist with estimating, submitting, approving, and tracking purchases and expenses.
- Contribute to the product roadmap to align with the company strategy, to meet the future needs of customers, and to define solutions for challenges and opportunities for growth within the business.
- Work as mentor within the organization to help staff resolve problems of both a technical as well as human nature, tracking and approving vacation and personal days for employees within the team, and monitoring individual employees’ performance and taking corrective actions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field; Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, Strategy or related fields is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of management/ leadership experience in a software development organization required.
- Candidate must have at least 4 years of proven experience working through the design, development, and release-cycle delivering product to market.
- Experience with software development related to image and video processing is a strong plus.
- Experience with video management systems, access control, and integration with related products, as it pertains to video surveillance and security is a strong plus.
- Enterprise application development experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of the Product Development life-cycle.
- Experience with Agile Scrum development.
- Strong leadership, project management skills, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with software development in a Microsoft environment using C/C++, .NET, Microsoft technologies, and web technologies.
- Manage, evaluate, and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills in engaging global cross-functional technical teams, as well as building and developing offshore and onsite development teams.
- A proven record for successful delivery of software systems in a similar role.
- Ability and willingness to dive into software and technical issues during design and development stages, as well as during troubleshooting of customer issues.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with strong product and program management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Solid understanding of development, testing and integration methodologies
- Knowledge of current and emerging IT products, services, and processes.
- Broad understanding of programming logic concepts and application analysis and design techniques.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to adapt to changing technology and priorities.
- Strong analytical thinking skills. Good planning, organizing, decision-making and problem-solving skills. Thorough with careful attention to detail
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.