Directs, provides leadership for and coordinates activities for development and integration of sophisticated, automated validation test system. Lead in the selection, modification, and integration of third party software and hardware component into a mobile test rack with cutting edge HMI test interface and data mining capability. Responsibilities include that of personnel, processes, technical support and fiscal accountability.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Collaborate and communicate with validation test engineers (EMC and MEC), design engineers, engineering project leaders to acquire/assemble DUT control and monitoring test equipment, create test script and fabricate test fixtures for assigned validation projects.
- Lead team of hardware and software engineers in developing test tools interfacing electrical, optical, thermal and motion sensors & transducers as well as DAQ. Utilize Labview, VB, MS Access to reduce per unit test budget, expand data acquisition bandwidth, increase test capacity, expedite data analysis for real time delivery of test result to internal customer.
- Leads in the development and implementation of automatic data acquisition hardware and software (signal inputs and outputs for each test system following CTS, test plan, common specification and industrial standard. Designs, implements, and test software to determine speed, quality, and accessibility.
- Monitors industry technology trends and applies technology consistent with industry standards. (Provides technical training for staff in keeping with emerging technology.) Applies emerging technology to hardware or software. Develops test interfaces for use with emerging technologies.
- Develops project plans including design, fabrication, installation, test capability, and budget. Ensures projects are completed on time, with desired functionality and accuracy, and within budget.
- Produce and document test system requirement, connectivity diagram, schematics, CAD drawing, BOMs and may design one of the kind prototype PCB for cutting edge signals.
- Responsible for equipment documentation and training of test engineers in the usage and application of developed test interface equipment.
- Responsible for fixed assets, equipment performance, equipment repair, calibration, and maintenance. Provides repeated follow up, meeting with sectional heads and test engineers to ensure equipment is performing to needed requirements. Leads problem resolution process and provides feedback for problematic equipment, issues with test specifications, problems found with the devices under test, and test engineer usage.
- Manage a diverse group of test and measurement equipment (T&ME), racks, fixtures, parts, consumable and software license following the ISO 17025 quality standard.
- Monitors employee performance, analyzes trends, and makes recommendations to improve employee development quality and efficiency. Develops and provides KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators).
- Responsible for maintaining expenditures, budgets, inventory and capital investments.
- Prepares information as needed in the design documentation process.
- Provides feedback to design for product capability under testing. Leads problem resolution for test interface issues, and/or product issues, with devices under test.
- Responsible for selecting outside vendors. Ensures vendor performance meets specifications and vendor maintains accreditations (if required). Develops PO’s (Purchase Orders) and provides justification. Addresses and resolves issues raised by outside vendors.
- Plan, develop, and participate in experimentation and tests related to product development.
- Generate and analyze test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Develop test and design process procedures evaluating test results for possible application to other products and/or systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering with in depth understanding test practices, principles, processes and systems.
- Previous work experience (4+ years) with specific experience in an electronics-manufacturing environment and test equipment development / test integration.
- Previous supervisory / management / leadership experience.
- Experience with data acquisition and control software.
- Expert knowledge of one of the software language: Labview, Visual Basic, Test Stand.
- Experience with software development tools (configuration management, design, emulation, debugging, compliers, etc.).
- Working knowledge of standard Test and Measurement Equipment including audio analyzer, DC power supply, AM/FM/SXM/RDS/HD generator, WIFI, BlueTooth, GPS tester, RF Signals, etc.
- Working knowledge of MS Office package. (MS word, MS excel, MS project, MS Power point, MS VISIO, MS Access)
- Working knowledge of CAD (or other) tool.
- Working knowledge of CAN, LIN and other automotive networks and related tools/simulators.
- Must have good computer application skills as necessary for the position.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.