Panasonic – Manager, Technical Services
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey. This position is offering a hybrid / flexible schedule. candidate needs to be located in Rochester NY Area,
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What you will get to do:
- Responsible for managing a team of field application engineers charged with creating, developing, and delivering IIoT solutions to customers that consist of hardware, software, and IT integrations. The position requires direct technical and program responsibilities in an environment of challenge and constant change This role is respected as a core pillar of the group and relied on by key internal and external stakeholders.
- Designing and Executing Solutions, Experiments and Testing
- Leads of the solutions
- Consults and collaborates with customers and internal software, systems and hardware teams.
- Interprets the systems requirements and converting them to real world solutions, testing products, designing installations, training
- Managing and developing the Field Application team to design, develop and deploy solutions Globally.
- Develop training and mentorship amongst the team members
- Create standard work for the team members (test strategies, solution strategies, proactive support)
Technical Project Management:
- As a subject matter expert on the technical aspects of the project, creating work break-down structures and standard work elements for the project team.
- To include coordination or writing of scripts, database queries, and net admin support
- Interprets systems requirements and converts them to real world solutions, testing products, designing installations, training, hyper-care support post install and ongoing troubleshooting are all core to the role.
- Product Evaluation, Customer Mode Testing and Demonstrations
- Design, develop solutions examples and test cases for future and current customers to include new technology solutions, customer pilots and demonstration and internal solution certification
- Champion knowledge transfer to customer which include user documentation, and support strategies and execution
Education & Experience:
- BS in Engineering or equivalent
- 6 yrs. RF tag design and/or RF Systems/Communications experience
- 6 yrs. project management and/or system testing experience
- 3-5 yrs. experience in industrial automation or SCADA software preferred
- Consultative Sales experience
- Cisco network technician certification or equivalent experience
- Experience with customer engagement and resolution of complex customer issues.
- Experience with network and software development and software systems (SQL, Windows, Database design, scripting)
- Project Management Experience
- Responsible first and foremost for managing, building, and sustaining a technical services team
- Managing people and budgets
- Interpretation of the systems requirements form customers, converting products into real world solutions
- 35% travel including international travel.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.