This role will have direct interface and influence within the Supply Chain organization while working closely with the Commercial Sales and Manufacturing organization. Serving as a member of the overall Kansas Supply Chain Team, this new and highly visible role will report directly into the VP of Supply Chain.
- Manage a team of 3-4 planners overseeing planning for cathode production
- Establish and execute short-term and long-term demand/production planning process to optimize production materials, raw materials inventory, and overall finished goods stock.
- Drive alignment with the commercial organization on monthly and yearly finished good battery demand.
- Responsible to insure manufacturing throughput is maintained without disruption
- Help deploy modern supply chain planning tools to optimize inventory, provide real-time supply chain visibility while ensuring digital investments return a positive ROI that support the business ambition
- In collaboration with the PENA Technology team, develop and support the implementation of a new SAP ERP & production scheduling system.
- Develop content and participate in supply chain planning performance review and approval meetings.
- KPI objectives and performance standards
- Develop, present, and execute action plans to support achievement of agreed commitments and optimization projects that continuously improve PENA quality, cost, and reliability
- Work closely with the Panasonic North America Commercial Organization to understand customer requirements for demand and production.
- Employee Development
- Provide Supply Chain planning functional expertise to guide and advise management.
- Develop skills as an employee through training, project opportunities for skills expansion, and individual development plans.
- Supply Chain Planning
- Establish and lead the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process working directly with the PENA Commercial team and with multiple OEM customers.
- Partner with plant production teams to ensure alignment on plans and optimized production to meet daily and weekly targets.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- Basic/Required: BA/BS in Supply Chain, Logistics or related area
- Preferred: MBA a plus
- 12+ years working in Supply Chain
- 12 years Supply/Demand Planning experience
- Sales / Sales Operations experience a plus
- ASCM/APICS, and/or PMP Certifications a plus
- Energy, Technology, Automotive or Manufacturing industry experience
- Operational transformation experience including ERP and SCM Systems implementation including SCM Planning tools.
- Proven background setting up a best in class Demand Planning
- Strategic thinking and analysis capabilities including identifying risks and opportunities across Demand Planning.
- Demonstrated communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Data analytical skills to drive decision making
- Ability to solve complex problems and propose alternative solutions
- Communications :
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization as well as externally to customers & suppliers
- Ability to communicate cross-culturally with Japanese colleagues and business leaders in English.
- Collaboration and influencing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 40%
- Walk: 30%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Not Required
As part of Panasonic’s expansion strategy, it is now constructing a very large Li-ion battery factory near Kansas City, Kansas. In this new green-field factory, Panasonic will manufacture cylindrical lithium-ion cells for various electric vehicle makers. This role is for a full-time on-site position in the new factory being built in DeSoto, Kansas.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.