Panasonic – Manager, Strategic Sourcing Logistics and Warehousing
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Responsible for leading sourcing and process optimization initiatives to optimize Panasonic Corporate of North America’s (PNA) spend in Logistics related categories including Transportation (Small Parcel, Air, Ocean), 3rd party logistics, warehousing services, LTL and TL.
Excellent analytical skills, communication skills, business acumen, influencing skills, and the ability to work in a team environment are also critical.
- Provide sourcing category expertise for Logistics related categories
- Develop category strategies based on rigorous analysis of spend data, supply market dynamics, category intelligence, and business requirements
- Partner with the business to build influence, evaluate and challenge the status quo. Identify and obtain buy-in for category strategies and value opportunities
- Identify and capture profit improvement opportunities beyond sourcing, such as demand management, process improvements, insource vs. outsource, innovation, etc.
- Actively drives value beyond cost – e.g., growth, innovation, risk management
- Regularly monitors the market for category leading practices and demand/supply shifts such as supply consolidation, technology innovations, etc.
- Execute strategic sourcing projects utilizing best practice sourcing methodology to deliver exceptional total value in partnership with key stakeholders across the business
- Executes strategic sourcing initiatives following the 7-step Sourcing Methodology
- Gathers stakeholder and subject-matter expertise/insights and market intelligence to ensure sourcing solutions meet business needs
- Collaborate with Senior Analysts to utilize E-Sourcing platforms
- Assess supplier capabilities and identify new suppliers
- Analyze supplier proposals and facilitate fact-based supplier selection process
- Prepare and present business cases and should-cost models; performs complex data analysis and build financial models (i.e. ROI, NPV, supplier scorecards, savings tracking, make vs. buy decision models)
- Analyze and summarize RFP responses and results and prepare recommendations for Senior Management
- Develops negotiation strategy and leads negotiations to maximize total value and minimize risks for PNA
- Establishes contract terms and conditions and coordinates with legal to execute contracts with suppliers that optimize the partnership Develop transition plan to new supplier and support implementation
- Ensure savings are delivered in a timely manner to ensure Panasonic realizes expected benefits
- Support implementation and drive continuous improvements post project
- Support PNA's supplier diversity and sustainability goals by increasing use or opportunity of suppliers in all commodity areas and by tracking opportunities to increase impact
Supplier Relationship Management:
- Establishes and manages the governance processes with suppliers and outsourced partners for categories in scope.
- Develops qualified, competitive sources of supply on a continuing basis through comprehensive financial and market review
- Implements strategies to best manage the supplier base for categories in scope, reviewing suppliers against contracted obligations/service levels and business expectations
- Provide feedback on performance, seek continuous improvement and innovation
- Work with suppliers and key stakeholders to manage supplier performance and develop new capabilities
- Build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders and third party providers
- When performance issues emerge, identify root causes and work with internal and external stakeholders to drive efficient resolution
- Work with PNA teams post projects to identify continuous improvement initiatives. Identifies costs drivers to increase cost awareness and influence cost consciousness.
- Identifies, oversees, pursues and manages re-engineering, value engineering and demand management opportunities to enhance operational effectiveness, interfacing with cross-functional teams
- Develops implementation and transition plans acting as a change agent
- Implements and drives procurement strategy, policies and procedures.
- Enforces compliance to procurement policies and works to increase adoption
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- BS/BA degree in relevant area such as supply chain, business or STEM required.
- MBA and other relevant degree /certification (e.g., ISM CPSM) highly desirable.
- 7 years+ of relevant strategic sourcing experience demonstrating success in positions of increasing complexity.
- Six sigma experience and certification highly desired
- 7+ years of experience leading strategic sourcing and lean/six sigma initiatives knowledge and expertise of categories in scope as well as managing outsourced providers,
- Strategic, analytical, and interpersonal skills to act as an effective change agent.
- A consistent track record of delivering business impact in a complex global corporate environment
- The vision and implementation skills required to drive spend management excellence in complex categories.
- Knowledge of Supplier Management tools (SRM, conducting Quarterly Business Reviews, etc.)
- Technology-savvy and high competency in MS office; Advanced Excel skills and other analytics software as well as eSourcing, reverse auctions, expressive bidding, network optimization, Ariba, etc.
- 10% travel required
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.