Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Manage and lead talented software engineering team and the lifecycle of satellite connectivity WiFi Payments product. Engineering Manager will be providing leadership on:
- Technical management – participate in the exciting technology that powers this product line
- Delivery management – orchestrate the delivery of this product using latest CI/CD pipelines and techniques
- Quality management – Interface with QA teams and ensure software quality
- Third Party management – work with third party vendors that provide cutting edge technology
- Product Coordination - work with product management to steer the product direction with exciting future technology and customer use cases
- Lead a team of software engineers to deliver business critical applications and systems
- Provide technical insights and guidelines for multiple partners (software engineering, project management and product management)
- Provide strategic and architectural direction
- Provide product management support
- Enable teams to work with industry best practices and drive initiatives to raise the bar on quality
- Establish strong partnerships with customers and be an advocate for their success
- Encourage and enable effective collaboration across our organization
- Hands-on people and career development including active performance management
- Oversee budgets and manage resource allocations
- Ensure necessary training activities are in place to increase the knowledge and skill level of the organization
- Foster positive company culture behaviors including humility, collaboration, and a focus on professional growth.
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent communication skills to develop/express/represent the company’s position and policies within the Airline Customer and other departments within the company.
- Proficient planning skills to ensure the timely completion of several, complex projects (budgets and resources).
- Demonstrated leadership strength in developing and executing on company and individual objectives.
- Ability to steer and guide teams to reach divisional goals through effective resource and time allocation and prioritization.
- Have collaborative management style, considering merits of ideas of the management team, of staff and of Panasonic corporate and regional stakeholders.
- Creativity: highly developed level of problem solving is needed to manage product integration challenges and customer demands.
- Complexity: innovative and pragmatic approach required in resolving complex issues raised by Airline Customers.
- Flexibility: understand and appreciate different and potentially opposing perspectives on issues and bring about change to approach as required by situation.
- Detailed working knowledge and experience with Cloud-native tools such as AWS
- Familiar with Payments security control and have compliance experience in various frameworks including: PCI DSS, PCI PA-DSS, ISO, NIST, etc.
- Experience integrating with payment gateways
- Experience leveraging eWallet solutions (Apple Pay, Google Pay, Alipay etc)
- Expertise with relational and NoSQL databases like MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis
- Understanding of DevOps and Continuous Delivery Tools.
- 4-year Degree in Engineering required.
- Minimum 10 years of related work experience
- Cloud certification desired (AWS - CP, SAA etc)
- Background in eCommerce strongly desired
- Agile certified strongly desired (Scrum-master, CSPO etc)
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.