Ensures that Repair activities are in alignment with company policies and goals and meet or exceed customer requirements. Ensures that inventory is maintained and optimized for cost effectiveness and to be in compliance with regulatory and company requirements. Ensures that the activities carried out in the facility are in compliance with the airworthiness, Workplace Safety and Health and other applicable regulations. Hire and supervises Repair Station personnel, ensuring that staff are appropriately trained and have resources needed to perform work. Responsible for all HR actions.
- Manage all Repair Shop activities in accordance with multiple agency regulations.
- Participate in customer and regulatory audits as required.
- Ensure that Repair Shop staff is upholding all current company policies.
- Ensure Repair Shop Quality Inspection Standards.
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety legislation in the Repair Shop.
- Hire, train, supervise, and appraise direct reports.
- Lead management staff to implement department objectives - Lead, motivate, and set targets for all Repair Shop Supervisors and other staff as required.
- Ensures Repair Shop staff is trained in all relevant technical procedures as needed for optimum job performance.
Processes Development and Maintenance
- Set and monitor standards of performance and maximize productivity levels through continual improvement of processes and lean manufacturing principles.
- Develop services to improve customer satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain Repair Shop Quality Inspection Standards creating methods and procedures as needed.
- Drive 5S practices (Sort, Set In Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain), ensuring a safe, clean, tidy and efficient workplace.
- Ensure inventory value is maintained at reported values as confirmed by cycle counts.
External and Internal Relations
- Manage technical training activities for customers.
- Manage the resolution of technical, schedule, and customer issues by fostering close relationships and open communication with other departments such as Quality, Engineering, Test, Production, and Order Administration.
- Support regional marketing and sales initiatives.
- Review product failure / repair trend and report to engineering for product improvement
- Work with internal department to investigate product related technical issues reported by customers
- Work with interdepartmental team in improving product reliability.
- Select and monitor vendor performance in supplying external services.
- Generate the annual budget and ensure that Repair Shop operates within the approved business plan.
- Manages the Repair Station P&L and submits periodic forecasts.
- Develop requirements for capital equipment acquisitions as needed to meet department objectives.
- Manage fixed expenses as a steward of the companies’ assets, streamlining processes to reduce cost through efficiency gains and process improvement.
- Proficient with mainstream PC desktop applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, VISIO, Project).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Assess customer needs and provide excellent customer care.
- Implement improvement procedures.
- Lead a team of 50 or more staff with diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to train and motivate employees, as well as interview, hire, plan, assign, direct and appraise employees.
- Highly developed team building and problem solving skills.
- Ability to organize department objectives.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Solid understanding of multiple Regulatory Agency regulations.
- Familiarity with modern manufacturing principals.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Manages, perhaps through subordinate supervisors, the coordination of the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
- Recognized technical qualification or relevant experience.
- BSEE or related discipline (U.S).
- 5 - 10 years experience in an Avionics repair shop environment.
- RF experience preferred
- Proven management experience.
- Lean/ Six sigma experience