ITC Global requires an experienced Manager, Regional Operations to join their team in Aberdeen, Scotland.
As a Regional Operations Manager you will Primarily responsible for managing and supervising the Operational staff within their region which may include Field Services Technicians, Supply Chain, Program/Project Management, Service Delivery, HSE and Build & Test teams to ensure customer service needs and expectations are fulfilled. Responsibilities include but are not limited to scheduling daily tasks and duties for operations staff, interfacing with customers, dispatching technicians, setting goals, and performing annual reviews.
The MRO may also be responsible for leading simple type project delivery supervision and execution in the installation of remote VSAT communications systems and services supplied to customers in the Energy, Mining, and Maritime industries.
Your duties will include:
- Plan daily activities for Operations team members.
- Determine team members and work schedules.
- Assist employees with goal development ensuring they are in line with department goals.
- Perform all personnel-related duties, including employee interviews, hiring, yearly reviews and salary recommendations.
- Develop department operating policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement training plans for operations team members.
- Schedule team training.
- Develop, submit, or approve AFE (Authorization for Expenditures) for the department.
- Dispatch Field Technicians on installations, repairs, and removals of all customer equipment, monitor technician on the job performance and open, update and close Work Orders in the Workflow Management System.
- Review all technician site documentation including pictures, Site Checklist, and Site Inventory; Save documentation in Documentation Management System.
- Collect all billing information for customer Work Orders; Determine billable charges and price labor, mileage, and parts before forwarding the information to the Billing Department as required.
- Develop and maintain effective communications with clients.
- Produce weekly status report for management as required.
- Review and approve time sheets, expense reports and invoices in a timely manner
- Ensure corporate vehicles are being properly maintained.
- Update Weekly Project Status Report as required.
- Promote and maintains a safe and positive HSE presence within the team and day-to-day work flow.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and accountability of the assigned projects, scheduling and workflow.
- After hours, weekend, and on-call coverage may be required on a rotating basis.
- Comply with mandatory company procedures.
- Perform problem resolution, working with clients and other service providers to resolve complex network-related issues
- Promote and maintain a safe and positive HSE presence within the team and day-to-day work flow.
- Comply with the requirements of the Safety Management System
- Ensure compliance with system procedures
- Facilitate/conduct risk assessments (JHAs)
- Report incidents and hazards and participate in incident investigations
Your skills/ qualifications:
- Associates degree minimum, Bachelor’s degree preferred in the studies of Communications/Technology/Telecom. Commensurate military or industry experience may be acceptable DOE.
- 5+ year’s relevant experience in an Operations supervisory role.
Must have demonstrable experience in Onshore/Offshore Oil &Gas, Maritime and Mining markets.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge and experience of VSAT Communications, O&G, Maritime and Mining Vertical Markets as needed.
- Be a detail-oriented individual with proven ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Be able to offer creative solutions; resourceful problem-solving skills are essential
- Be able to build a high performance operational team focused on customer service.
- Be an energetic self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment under general supervision and direction. Must have flexibility of working extended hours and on call as needed, and the ability to work independently.
- In addition to independent qualities, the ability to work well as part of a regional team and virtual teams across multiple geographies/vertical markets is required.
- Possess well organized, effective written, verbal and presentation skills. Be able to prepare and present clear and concise oral and written opinions, reports, and presentations.
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Be able to effectively present information to top management.
- Have the demonstrated ability and skills to engage and influence stakeholders required to deliver projects.
- Demonstrate drive and determination to achieve success while being a self-motivator who sets clear direction and priorities.
- Demonstrate expert understanding and oversight of service deliveries to customers within the assigned area, meeting contractual commitments in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills driven to exceed customer expectations.
- Be a detail-oriented individual with proven ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks concurrently and within deadlines.
- Possess knowledge of offshore safety procedures, which may include but not limited to Permit to Work, Stop the Job, Lone Man Working, Electrical Isolation.
- Have a good understanding of cultural sensitivities in the areas of work.
Working Conditions / Physical Elements
- Ability to take afterhours calls in a rotation as needed.
- Can safely lift typical loads encountered in the industry and pass medical examinations required for deployment to customer'’ sites
- Must be able to pass pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screens as required. ITC Global maintains a zero-tolerance drug and alcohol policy.
- Some domestic/international travel may be occasionally required to support the business.