We seek a Manager, Regional Human Resources for the APAC region.
Based in Singapore, the role holder will be responsible for the regional HR functions including planning, coordinating, and implementing HR activities, recruiting, employee relations, performance management, HR policies, and regulatory compliance for Panasonic Avionics offices.
Leading a team of 3 direct reports (Oceana, Greater China, and Singapore), the incumbent will partner with senior management (locally and internationally), line managers, and employees to ensure appropriate staffing and that all employees have the necessary skills, information, and resources to maximize employee potential and meet company objectives.
Regional Human Resources Oversight:
- Act as Business Partner to Region VP and department managers to align HR strategies, policies, and initiatives with the business. Provide advice and recommendations on organization structure and roles, individual employee matters, performance management, compensation, training, recruiting, and any other HR topics.
- Manage and enable regional talent acquisition, on-boarding, local talent development within the region. Ensure all hiring is in compliance with the Business Plans and recruitment processes and offer guidance and recommendations to hiring managers.
- Manage HR communications and assist in keeping employees informed of changes in policies, procedures, or programs.
- Participate in HR projects as assigned.
- Manage employee relations issues with Union, respective managers, or supervisors through collaboration. Enhance general employee communications by conducting roundtables and morale events.
- Provide guidance and recommendations on the implementation of human resource policies and procedures. Identify opportunities for developing or modifying policies or procedures to improve Human Resources management opportunities.
- Conduct internal investigation on reported employee relations issues and provide updates and recommendations.
- Coach supervisors and managers in managing employee performance and employee development. Works with Management to write performance improvement plans and oversees timely follow-up. Support the business units during the performance management process and provide appropriate recommendations.
- Participate in Business meetings, Operation meetings, and employees’ communication sessions to provide regular HR updates.
- Administer full payroll function for the region.
- Develop, coach, and manage direct reports within the HR department
- Oversee Department Budget
- Any other responsibilities as assigned
- Conversant with the local Employment Act and other labor legislation in the region
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Demonstrate business acumen and understand strategic HR issues to have the ability to recommend practical solutions by analyzing information and situations.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork and cross-cultural skills to work effectively with teams from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Demonstrate skills and experience for effective interaction with all levels in the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with good interpersonal skills
- A meticulous, self-motivated, proactive, and committed individual with good problem-solving skills
- Relevant Diploma or a Degree from recognized Universities/Institutions
- 5+ years professional experience to include prior supervisory, team lead, or project leader experience
- Working knowledge of all HR disciplines, including but not limited to payroll, compensation and benefits, talent acquisition, employee & union relations, and performance management
- Able to lead a team.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20% of the time