ITC Global, A Panasonic Company, is a leading provider of satellite communications to the energy, mining, maritime, hospitality and NGO markets. https://www.itcglobal.com/
Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
The primary function of this role is to lead ITC’s Systems Engineering team regionally. This team is responsible design and delivery of services of ITC Global’s IP and satellite network. The team is also responsible for maintenance and support of client VSAT, IP and IP telephony systems.
Provides the planning, design, acquisition and implementation of the company’s communications system. Conducts project planning, cost analysis and vendor comparisons.
- Team Management & Customer Care
- Assign engineering resources to ensure that customer services are accurately delivered and documented
- Provide a consistent communication path from engineering for problem resolution.
- Establish a strong inter-departmental Engineering interface and support.
- Liaise with and maintain close relationships with clientele and vendors for support and feedback purposes.
- Network Management, Standardization and Documentation
- Monitor the operation of and respond to faults in the ITC Global VSAT network
- Drive Level 3 escalations to completion, coordinating between, customer, engineering and helpdesk.
- Drive documentation standards for VSAT, IP and IP telephony system installations.
- Work with regional counterparts to Improve on ITC’s standard processes and policies to drive efficiencies, globally.
- Participate in resolving system operation, maintenance or reliability issues by conducting investigations, collecting data to identify the scope of problems, and participating in the recovery plan, as required, with other departments.
- Monitor failure trends and possible quality or reliability problems.
- Provide direction on new equipment standardization to drive operational efficiencies and to reduce business operating costs
- Comply with the requirements of the Safety Management System
- Conduct, attend and actively participate in safety and safety toolbox meetings as required
- Report incidents and hazards
- Participate in incident investigations
- Must be familiar with RF theory and networking (routing, switching).
- Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Works on issues that impact design/selling success or address future concepts, products or technologies.
- Creates formal networks with key decision makers and serves as external spokesperson for the organization
- Determines regional objectives and approaches to critical assignments based on direction from executive management.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
- Ability to operate standard electronic test equipment and tooling.
- Proficient in the utilization of MS office suite.
- Ability to carry out assigned responsibilities while working independently and/or closely with peers with minimal supervision; capable of establishing work priorities.
- Ability to write and converse effectively with peers from internally, customers and other vendors on a technical level.
- Applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Driven to have exceptional customer service skills.
- Detail oriented individual with proven ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks concurrently and within deadlines.
- Ability to offer creative solutions and resourceful problem solving skills a must.
- Energetic self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- In addition to independent qualities, the ability to work well as part of a regional/global and virtual teams across multiple geographies/vertical markets.
- Typically requires 8 plus years of related experience with a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Network equipment, routing or switching experience.
- Proven experience with satellite communications fundamentals, VSAT, antenna RF systems/sub-systems and fixed antenna systems.
Working Conditions/Physical Elements
- Must have flexibility of working extended hours, weekends, holidays, on call and in remote and harsh environments.
- Ability to lift in excess of 20lbs and pass a physical exam as required.
- Good understanding of cultural sensitivities in the areas of work.
- Occasional travel to other ITC Global offices or client visits as required.
- Specifically, must have ability to travel via vessel, airplane and helicopter in support of customers.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.