Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value: As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join: A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
WHAT WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR YOU TO DO IN THIS CRITICAL ROLE:
We are looking for a Manager, Quality to develop, deploy, and administrate programs based on quality principles to maintain and improve the existing Quality Management system with regards to the accountabilities listed below.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IN THIS ROLE:
- Establish procedures for maintaining high standards of product and service quality, reliability and safety.
- Determine and enforce, through functional groups, quality and safety requirements in accordance with real company needs, based on current regulations and corporate policy. This requires interpretation of FAA and other regulatory agency policy.
- Organize and promote corporate-wide quality improvement efforts including ISO 9000 implementation and maintenance activities.
- Directly responsible for administration of divisional Product Acceptance, Product Safety and the corporate policy and associated procedures.
- Responsible for evaluation and development of improved techniques for the control of quality, reliability, and increased customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for implementing, overseeing and directing the Quality System Internal audit program.
- Responsible for managing the Document/Data Control department and function.
- Responsible for implementation and ongoing maintenance of the Electronic Document Management (EDM) program.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Thorough working knowledge of FAA and other regulatory requirements and possess the qualifications to perform the duties of FAA DMIR/DAR.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Manages, perhaps through subordinate supervisors, the coordination of the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
- Technical degree or and equivalent combination of technical education, training and experience.
- 10 years of broad technical experience of which 3 years should be in quality assurance including conducting quality audits.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in managing/supervising technical personnel and complex activities in the field of technical operations and quality management.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally