Panasonic – Manager, Program Officer
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
Do you have experience partnering with non profit organizations to advance corporate philanthropic initiatives? Are you passionate about building strategy and measuring program ROI? If so, we encourage you to apply! Come and join our Office of Social Impact & Inclusion team which manages CSR agenda, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, employee engagement, and philanthropic initiatives. Excellent opportunity to help alleviate inequities in educational access and impact underserved communities.
What you will get to do:
Panasonic’s Office of Social Impact & Inclusion (OSII) oversees Corporate Purpose and Social Impact for Panasonic Corporation of North America. The group manages Panasonic’s corporate social responsibility agenda, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, employee engagement, and philanthropic initiatives. We are responsible for the development and implementation of its corporate purpose strategy through external partnerships and internal culture building to drive impact that complement business objectives.
Panasonic seeks a Manager-Program Officer to join the OSII program team to support the company’s purpose-driven strategy. The ideal candidate has experience working with nonprofit partners and a commitment to increasing opportunities for underserved populations.
- Support investment portfolio by sourcing, evaluating, and structuring strategic partnerships with nonprofits
- Develop Requests for Proposals and review grant proposals for various initiatives across the enterprise
- Maintain strong working relationships with grantees through regular communications, anticipating challenges in meeting deliverables, and providing technical assistance in execution of their grant deliverables
- Serve as the key point of contact for grantee requests and build/maintain successful high-touch relationships
- Research, meet with, and provide recommendations on prospective partners
- Cultivate and maintain strong working relationships with internal stakeholders to promote support for OSII activities
- Conduct grant proposal reviews, including programmatic and financial analysis, and evaluate grants based on
written grantee reports and regular site visits
- Support OSII team, in establishing funding priorities and allocate annual budget among grant applicants.
- Support the evaluation of the grantmaking portfolio
- Support office budgeting process to ensure maximization of resources and appropriate allocation across division
- Oversee grants management system to track and ensure compliance of grant deadlines and requirements.
- Support local community affairs with event sponsorships and other related requests from community partners
- Process invoices, check requests, and other expenses as needed
- Research, develop, and present ideas for strategic initiatives designed to have a broader impact on Panasonic’s social impact strategies.
- Participate in the preparation of internal and external communication materials such as issue briefs, websites, speeches, and press releases.
- Design external programmatic engagements such as sponsorships in close coordination with internal partners such as Communications, Government Affairs, and other colleagues.
- Represent Panasonics OSII team at both internal and external events, and stakeholder convenings
- Stay current on research and best practices relevant to OSII impact areas and ensure staff are up to date on trends with relevant talking points
- Assist in other projects as needed
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in public policy, workforce development, business administration or related field preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in program management, partnership development and relationship management, and/or grant-making experience.
- Solid understanding of nonprofit and philanthropic communities, organizational structures, and challenges.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation systems and analysis preferred
- Strong knowledge of social and environmental trends.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategy and think critically across a range of issues and topic areas.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills with a commitment to continual learning.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively across various lines of business and proactively cultivate relationships with a diverse range of internal and external partners.
- Strong relationship management skills, including high-touch stakeholder engagement and the ability to work effectively across diverse teams.
- Ability to adapt and prioritize effectively around changing deadlines, and flexibility to support other business functions when required.
- Experience in corporate social responsibility and/or Foundations is a plus.
- Teamwork support mindset
- Responds to inquiries from all levels of employees or external sources regarding a variety of questions.
- Should exhibit ability to provide sound recommendations on policy changes, process management, technical assistance, etc.
- Should be able to provide recommendations and/or solutions for controversial, difficult or sensitive situations.
- Flexibility and adaptability to effectively address customer and/or management expectations
- Ability to make independent judgement calls and decision making skills
- Ability to research for department related information on volunteerism
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive individual and company data without exception.
- Must be able to manage an effective programs utilizing all available resources while incorporating fiscal controls that promote the company’s
Brand image, diversity goals and objectives, and basic business principles
- Must have good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to self-direct in managing day to day tasks
- Ability to multi-task
- Management of contributions and department operating budget – reconcile department and contribution records with finance
- Management of multiple corporate wide outreach efforts internally and externally
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including excellent PowerPoint presentation skills, and strong analytical capabilities.
- Ability to interface effectively and professionally. Possess solid interpersonal skills to work with people on all levels internally and externally
- Must be able to present ideas clearly and succinctly
- Must be able to update, develop content and creative ideas for websites
- Other Requirements:
- Ability to travel with overnight stay
- Participation in evening and weekend events is required
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.