Panasonic – Manager, Process Automation (fully remote)
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What you'll get to do:
Responsible for developing and implementing a vision and strategy for identifying process optimization opportunities, proposing appropriate optimized processes, and executing on any required automation projects involving appropriate automation technology, including RPA, AI and ML Responsible for championing for the company’s automation initiatives to all relevant internal stakeholders and selecting and hiring third party resources to execute the process automation portion of projects. Position provides process and technical support to the company’s ongoing operations, own and implement processes. procedures. standards. Oversees quality and consistency for project delivery, and performs or oversees project process quality audits.
- Work with Business Units and IT colleagues to identify processes in need of optimization
- Lead and/or participate in various types of interviews, meetings or workshops to understand the as-is process state, and define and propose the optimized process alternatives
- Create, edit, revise and finalize life-cycle deliverables such as requirements specifications, solution design documents, and operating instructions i.e. standard operating procedure
- Create and maintain process or other documentation, as required, to support automation configuration, project management, and training associated with the optimized process
- Design process automation options required to achieve process optimization
- Drive and execute the appropriate, corresponding use of RPA, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence technology projects required to achieve process optimization goals
- Train and supervise Process Automation resources and ensure their success in achieving automation project goals. Manage contracts and relationships of 3rd party partners providing resources engaged in automation
- Support the Process Automation issues and incidents that need to be corrected
- Consult with PMO, Operations and Engineering on technical issues, staffing requirements, estimates and scheduling issues relating to project commitments
- Responsible for communications Infrastructure monitoring to proactively monitor the health of the automation processes and tools in use and proactively address potential issues
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s or master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration, related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5 or more years of experience in IT related field with strong emphasis on business process reengineering, lean six sigma techniques, project management, and experience with tools related to automation, i.e., BPM and RPA tools
- Demonstrated experience transforming businesses through process redesign, and/or operating model design initiatives
- Lean Six Sigma certification required
- Project Management Professional or Business Process Management Certification is desired
- Strong presentation skills and ability to create presentations. Ability to create process flow diagrams in Visio or other software applications as needed
- Ability to present complex processes in easy to understand terms to various cross functional stakeholders to receive approval and prioritization
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, with competing due dates and present status to management and/or communicate to management any concerns regarding resources, timeline obstacles and prioritization
- Regular communications with Functional leaders at Regional HQ and Regional Business Units
- Regular communications with Panasonic IT leaders and members
- Regular communications with project team leads, IT assigned resources, and internal customers
- Regular communications with external specialty organizations such as Consulting Organizations.
- This position will require regular travel, up to 25 percent
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
All applicants are subject to the Company’s mandatory vaccination policy. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.