Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
This position will assist in maintaining and improving upon PAC’s current ethics and compliance program worldwide and will interface directly with corporate and operational leadership to ensure a best-in-class ethics and compliance program. You will report to the VP, Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer, based in Orange County, California, and closely collaborate with other members of the OEC team, as well as Legal, Trade Compliance, Human Resources, Marketing, Procurement. You will also report on a dotted line to the Panasonic North America (PNA) Investigations Team based in Newark, NJ.
Maintenance of E&C Program, Policies and Procedures
- Continue the development and implementation of a “best in class” ethics and compliance program designed to propagate a culture of compliance throughout PAC’s global operations
- Areas of focus include: Compliance Policies, Procedures and Controls, Administering the Compliance and Ethics Committee, Working with PNA on the PEAK Guides Program, Training and Education, Creating Tone at the Top and in the Middle, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, Export Control, Financial Compliance (sanctions, anti-money laundering), Antitrust/Competition, Privacy, and Records Retention and Management
- Assist in drafting, reviewing, revising, and implementing E&C corporate policies and procedures
- Using both internal and external resources to find efficient solutions, look at new perspectives and share best practices
- Provide strategic guidance and regular feedback to the VP, Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer, regarding the design and operation of PAC’s ethics and compliance program, key risks and issues, emerging trends, and the adequacy and effectiveness of compliance program operations
- Interact directly with the PNA OEC team regarding all the above
Training and Communications
- Implement and oversee training to ensure awareness, understanding and compliance with compliance policies and procedures, including both initial training and annual refreshers and updates
- Identify risk areas and target audiences that could benefit from additional training opportunities
- Prepare and assist in preparing training materials for local and corporate initiatives
- Develop and implement company-wide E&C communications initiatives utilizing multi-media formats with limited budget
- Increasing employee awareness, actively promote the importance of compliance throughout the entire organization
- Measure KPI’s and analyze data to determine trends and priorities for continued enhancement of the E&C program
- Ensure that appropriate internal and external compliance investigations are conducted independently and in collaboration with other internal stakeholders and, as necessary, with outside counsel
- Work with PNA Investigations Team to develop and implement best practices in the conduct of investigations, remediation, and disciplinary actions
- Under the direction of the PNA Investigations Team, and with assistance from PAC’s Sr. Director, Chief Compliance Counsel and Regional Compliance Officers, conduct ethics and compliance investigations as needed and appropriate
- Work directly with Human Resources on the reporting of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to be reported to the Board, Ethics & Compliance Committee, and PNA Legal
- Monitoring of the EARS Hotline and benchmarking of KPIs with internal and external resources
Oversight of Business Partner Due Diligence Program
- Serve as point-of-contact for anti-corruption due diligence reviews for vendors and Business Partners, client reputational screenings and potential M&A targets in EMEA and provide assessments of potential risks associated with these transactions
- Train relevant business personnel on third party due diligence, client reputational screening and communication efforts to ensure awareness of the formalized processes
- Interact directly with Business Sponsors to educate them on and to address their questions and concerns regarding the due diligence process
- Coordinate training of third parties, as needed
- Act as an ambassador for the E&C program and coordinate with other functions to escalate ancillary issues revealed during diligence and reputational reviews to appropriate subject matter experts, clarifying the processes, and supporting anti-corruption due diligence and reputational screenings in non-vendor transactions
- Participate in cross-functional efforts (e.g., with Legal, Procurement, etc.) to streamline and expedite the anti-corruption due diligence and reputational screening processes
- Support the VP, Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer in preparing briefings to the Board of Directors, Ethics & Compliance Committee, Policy Review Committee, and Investigations Committee
- Support internal audits, as needed, and coordinate remediation needs identified in audits
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, in addition to a demonstrated record of cross-functional collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to deliver clear and concise executive presentations; professional presence and ability to interact effectively with executive management
- Capable of inspiring trust and confidence through effective communication and interpersonal skills with employees at all levels of the organization
- Analytical, organizational, project management, strategic and operational planning skills with an effective ability to quickly establish credibility, trust, and support within all levels of the organization
- Experience building and maintaining trusted relationships with key business stakeholders
- Ability to work well independently and in a team in a dynamic, rapidly changing workplace
- Commitment to Panasonic’s 7 Basic Business Principles and PNA Legal/OEC 4 “C”s – commitment, communication, collaboration and courage
- Excellent multicultural communicator, persuader, enabler, who takes difficult issues and conversations proactively and in a manner that establishes and preserves confidence and trust.
- J.D. degree from an ABA-approved law school or equivalent and an active member in good standing of the California Bar or eligible to practice as a California registered in-house counsel. Minimum 5+ years of experience working in- house or in a law firm. Non-lawyers will also be considered, provided they have 8+ years of compliance expertise, global competition laws, trade and sanctions regimes, and data privacy.
- Substantial experience in managing internal and external investigations.
- Significant experience with data analytics programs and performance metrics
- Strong command of international integrity and regulatory laws, including working knowledge of the key international conventions as well as public procurement, anti-bribery, trade compliance, anti-trust laws, and data privacy
- Strong background in complex compliance matters preferred.
- Multilingual a plus.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office 360 Suite.
- Ability to travel, as required.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.