Panasonic – Manager, Mechanical Engineering
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Assists in the development and implementation of the Quality Assurance program company-wide. Responsible for implementing, maintaining and auditing quality model/standards, linking results regarding all incoming materials from vendors, all assemblies and products sold. Responsible for implementing solutions through continuous improvement. Attends and participates in Management Meetings involved in providing direction and vision for the company. Supervises mechanical inspection. Creates balloon drawings using Solidworks Inspector and Co-ordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) using Hexagon PC-DMIS software.
- Create, communicate, audit and maintain the Panasonic Quality Management System at Teradiode
- Ensure engineering is supported by creation of inspection balloon drawings using Solidworks Inspector and creation of CMM (Co-ordinate measuring machine) programs using Hexagon’s PC-DMIS for new parts
- Ensure compliance to Panasonic Quality Systems for all standard operating procedures (SOPs) that cover mechanical incoming inspection, Non-conforming material report (NCMR) process, inventory movement, new vendor qualification, acceptable quality level (AQL) sampling plan
- Manage NCMR process for all non-conforming material
- Manage interaction with vendor to improve quality and vendor capability
- Coordinate cross calibration between Teradidoe and Panasonic teams for test and measurement equipment for mechanical parts, optics, diodes, blades, engines
- Manage the quality control mechanical inspection team
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- BS in Engineering or Physics, Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 5 years of experience in quality assurance and photonics industry preferred
- Knowledge of CMM software, such as SolidWorks, Zeiss Calypso or similar mechanical engineering/3D software
- Optical or Mechanical background required
- Solid understanding of quality control best practices
- Management experience preferred
- Demonstrated mechanical optical background
- Strength and background in Statistical process control
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate
- Must be able to communicate difficult concepts to many audiences with varying technical understanding
- Must be able to present to management, vendors and others
- Must be able to communicate company quality expectations effectively with vendors and internal constituent.
- Must be able to motivate others
- Must be able to see to interpret testing data
- Will be required to work in a Cleanroom environment
- Able to work on devices using microscope, hand tools, automated tools and machinery
- Must be able to wear PPE and protective Eye Wear
- Able to lift 35 pounds
- Must be able to use hands, fingers to manipulate small hand tools and large testing equipment
- Must be able to walk, stand, bend, step over, climb under, reach
- Must be able to hear in order to understand what others are communicating
Note: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee(s) for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.