Serves as liaison and manages relationships with the Information Services department, business units, and vendors during negotiations and evaluations. Responsible for the overall relationship between the business unit and the Information Technology Organization with the additional responsibility of leading project teams and their activities. May be responsible for multiple business units.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Partners with enterprise architects, business and IT leaders to evaluate proposals, build business cases, and plan new joint initiatives, and determine how they fit into business capability roadmaps and priorities. Ensures that the solutions and capabilities meet the established objectives and expectations of business partners.
- Develops IT needs by identifying potential issues for forecast, risks, review of IT usage, services, technology, and department specific projects.
- Manages Projects aligned with responsible business unit IT strategies and solutions.
- Provides project oversight, status reporting and problem escalation for related business units. Provides consolidated/summary reports to senior management, escalate issues and take corrective action.
- Understands all business processes and provides technology guidance to ensure maximum return on investment (ROI) for IT business strategy requirements.
- Develops deep knowledge of corporate business unit functions and build both horizontal and vertical relationships with business and IT leaders that deliver business impact.
- Acts as the technology advisor to corporate organizations and a champion for identifying, leading and driving information technology transformation.
- Drives innovation and learn emerging technology and its viable applicability to enhance corporate business capabilities.
- Collaborates with business analysts to ensure that essential business requirements are understood, captured, and reflected in solution documentation.
- Partners with business transformation or change management teams to ensure that the business unit or function has the capacity and capabilities to implement changes required by new technology solutions.
- Shares ownership of the business value results of technology related projects; measure and communicate business value results on a regular basis.
- In conjunction with the business unit, develops business transformation and adoption metrics. Track and measure business results.
- Represents the voice of the business unit within PASA IT and support the business unit in defining and quantifying the value that IT brings to its business. Ensures alignment of IT services and delivery with business unit needs and priorities.
- Maintains open lines of communications with all parties. Represents and communicates the PASA IT strategy to the business units and managers the communication of critical services issues to the customer’s senior management.
- Participates in annual business planning process and provide recommendations for budget requirements of assigned business unit. Secures management and financial approvals and oversees for financial budgets related to IT solution design.
- Conducts regular service review with relevant business groups and ensure that any IT or service deficiency is identified and corrected.
- Support Governance and Compliance – regulatory and internal standards. Ensures compliance with all IT policies and procedures.
- Four-year college degree in Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent technical degree required.
- Minimum of Five (5) years’ experience with focus on IT solutions, preferably cloud based technologies (such as Iaas, Paas, and Saas), and developing IT solutions, preferably design and implementation
- Comprehensive knowledge of IT infrastructure, applications, telecommunications or other assigned area of expertise required
- ITIL knowledge required, certification preferred
- Program/Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Specific experience in manufacturing preferred
- Six Sigma certification desired
- Extensive knowledge of portfolio management and performance monitoring practices and methodologies
- Extensive knowledge of business finance principles
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows-based databases as appropriate to the position and assignment.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.