Oversee and manage a team of approximately 10 engineers in the Electrical Engineering Section. Responsible for designing, testing and releasing core IFE system Electrical HW, and in particular, seat-boxes and power supply products. Responsible for meeting schedules and problem resolution. Participate in technical review board meetings to assist in product design, test and delivery activities. Responsible for introducing new technologies to meet market requirements. Work with all organizations within Engineering, Marketing, Product Planning and Quality to meet company commitments.
Oversight of IFE Electrical Hardware Engineering Efforts
- Participate in the design, development and sustaining of existing and new LRU as well as system requirement.
- Interface with Engineering staff and management to determine project workloads and priorities.
- Manage daily activities of the Engineering team assignments.
- Manage the development of test methodologies, plans and procedures.
- Manage technical development to ensure compliance with product definitions including environmental requirements.
- Meet with employees to review performance against objectives/conduct performance reviews.
- Assist in developing budgetary requirements and recommendations.
- Responsible for managing department budget and managing approximately 10 Design Engineers.
- Conduct performance reviews and on-going performance management
- Drive process improvement initiatives
Education and Experience
- BSEE, MSEE or PhD in engineering with related management experience.
- 5 - 10 years experience in hardware engineering, preferably with a focus on power supply experience.
- 5 - 10 years previous experience managing a technical work-force.
- Project Management experience is desirable
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Strong knowledge of electronic design, with a focus on development of new, innovative technology to deliver exceptional digital audio, video, networking, and power supplies
- Demonstrated leadership, people and team-building skills, and ability to effectively resolve staff issues
- Excellent written and verbal skills with proactive, positive attitude.
- Ability to effectively provide direction to staff engineers for the purpose of guiding electrical systems and design activities.
- Outstanding communication skills and demonstrated ability in developing and delivering complex business and technical presentations for senior management and to other departments.
- Progressive with introduction of new technologies to improve cost, performance, reliability, and other product requirement constraints.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills required to meet design and qualification requirements.