Managing and providing technical assistance to members of the Component Application Engineering group. Technical lead for electronic and electro-mechanical component design and application.
Minimal travel both domestic and international may be required
- Oversee the assignments for members of the group and ensuring that the tasks and projects are followed through in a timely manner. Such assignments include, but not limited to:
- ACS number generation and documentation
- Green Product compliance
- Global part number and new part symbol assignments
- LRU pricing and value engineering solutions
- Obsolescence tracking and design solutions
- Component reliability testing and analysis
- Internal website and database structuring
- Attend meetings related to any issues within the CAE department and provide potential solutions and/or necessary inputs.
- Research electronic components for the purpose of finding alternates, obsolescence information, value engineering, environmental properties, and pricing.
- Providing technical assistance and guidance to the members of the group and resolving personnel issues.
- Generate processes and procedures relevant to obsolescence, components, value engineering, environmental issues, and other related activities as required to improve the group’s function and full integration with the processes of the company.
- Assist design engineering during the LRU designs due to component obsolescence, value engineering solutions, qualification of components, sourcing alternate design solutions, and provide recommended alternate suppliers/component manufacturers as required.
Interface with engineering, Osaka personnel, project management, purchasing, and other relevant departments as required to complete assigned tasks and projects.
- Interface with suppliers and potential vendors for the purpose of sourcing, researching, and qualifying approval of component manufacturers.
- Focal person for projects related to obsolescence, value engineering, pricing, or green products.
- Administrative duties to include reviewing of timecards, employee performance reviews, mentoring, provide training, and other duties necessary to support the needs of the employees.
BSEE or equivalent technical college level. Minimum 8 years of experience in hardware design, sustaining, or technical development area
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.