Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Oversee and manage a team of approximately 10-25 engineers in the Certification Engineering Section. Responsible for substantiation, testing and releasing certification documents in compliance to 14 CFR Part 25 for IFE system hardware. Responsible for meeting schedules and problem resolution. Participate in technical review board meetings to assist in product substantiation, test and delivery activities. Responsible for showing substantiation to new OEM requirements, industry requirements, and regulatory requirements. Work with all organizations within Engineering, Manufacturing, Procurement, Product Planning and Quality to meet company commitments.
• Oversight of certification activities in the hardware engineering and aircraft installation effort
• Participate in the design, development, and sustaining of existing and new LRUs as well as system requirement to 14 CFR Part 25.
• Interface with Engineering staff and management to determine project workloads and priorities.
• Manage daily activities of the certification team assignments.
• Manage the development of test methodologies, plans, and procedures.
• Manage technical development to ensure compliance with product definitions to OEM, industry, and regulatory requirements
• Responsible for creating and updating certification group performance measurements
• Meet with employees to review performance against objectives/conduct performance reviews.
• Assist in developing budgetary requirements and recommendations.
• Responsible for managing department budget and managing certification engineering section; approximately 10-25 Staff Engineers.
• Conduct performance reviews.
What we’re looking for:
• BS or MS in mechanical, electrical, aerospace, or equivalent in engineering with related management experience.
•Min 2 years of previous experience managing a technical workforce or equivalent leadership role.
• 10+ years of IFE experience desired.
• 5 - 10 years of previous experience managing a technical workforce.
• Project Management experience is recommended.
Ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
• Strong knowledge of the In-flight Entertainment environment, with a focus on showing compliance to 14 CFR Part 25.
• Demonstrated leadership, people, and team-building skills.
• Excellent written and verbal skills with a proactive attitude.
• Ability to effectively communicate between several departments within the organization.
• Ability to effectively provide direction to staff engineers for the purpose of guiding IFE systems and design activities.
• Outstanding communication skills and demonstrated ability in developing and delivering complex business and technical presentations for senior management.
• Progressive with the introduction of new methods to improve the cost as well as high quality of certification documents and high velocity generating certification documents.
• Progressive in the digitization of existing cert documents and digitalization of certification documents moving forward.
• Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills required to meet certification and qualification requirements.
• Ability to effectively resolve staff issues as they arise.
• Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
• Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
• Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspect of leading our industry is the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive, and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receives unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company-paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse, and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term Disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third-party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third-party customers, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.