ITC Global, A Panasonic Company, is a leading provider of satellite communications to the energy, mining, maritime, hospitality and NGO markets. https://www.itcglobal.com/
Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
As Manager, Network Operations Center (NOC), the qualified candidate will be responsible for driving customer satisfaction in the support of remote VSAT communications to our customers in the Energy, Mining, and Maritime industries in remote-based technology systems and users.
The Manager, NOC is responsible for leading the Network Operations team responsible for monitoring and managing the communications infrastructure, incident detection, notification, management and resolution for issues. The NOC acts as the central communication hub between the Customers, Call Center, Vendors, and Engineering & Sales Groups. Primary accountabilities are detailed below but not limited to:
The incumbent must be a self-starter and able to lead and manage a customer support organization with strong remote communications experience. This position requires interaction and collaboration with our customer and the ability to perform to a high standard in stressful situations. Due to the nature of our business, afterhours and on-call support may be required.
- Primarily responsible for developing and training staff in Incident, Change and Problem Management in the support of the services we provide our end customers.
- Ability to hire, coach, mentor NOC staff to ensure the best resources are in front supporting our customers.
- Develop and staff NOC shifts with resources to best support the client.
- Work with internal teams (Engineering, Operations, and Sales) to drive efficiency into the NOC and how quickly customer issues are resolved.
- Work with Prioritize resources and issues to quickly address and resolve service issues.
- Work with Develop and continuously improve NOC process and policy in the support of Incident, Change and Problem Management.
- Drive standard NOC Process and Troubleshooting standards.
- Provide Management Escalation point of contact to liaise between departments to resolve customer issues.
- Develop NOC employee skills matrix and develop recommended training path curriculum for team.
- Responsible for translating customer contracted SLA’s into tangible deliverables from a NOC perspective and implementing measurable reporting to support.
- Ensure the NOC has the required documentation and monitoring capabilities to adequately support client’s services.
- Ability to monitor and measure with key performance indicators and metrics on how well we are performing and serving the customer.
- Train NOC staff as needed on new technology and software being introduced to the Network.
- Train new hires and demonstrate new monitoring and incident management solutions to existing staff.
- ITIL V3 Certification preferred.
- Experience with Network Access Technology platforms including iDirect, Newtec, Comtech ADVSAT, Comtech Heights, Comtech SCPC and Carrier in Carrier technologies a must.
- Proficient with Cisco routers, switches, firewalls and Wireless Access Points.
- Experience reading satellite link budgets and satellite coverage footprints.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the following
- Automatic Beam Switching
- Wireless technologies (GSM, 3G, 802.11, …)
- Stabilized antenna system (i.e. Intellian, Seatel, O3B, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of terrestrial technologies (T1, DS3, Metro Ethernet, Layer 2, MPLS)
- Must have exceptional customer service skills driven to exceed customer expectations.
- Detail oriented individual with proven ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks concurrently and within deadlines.
- Ability to offer creative solutions and resourceful problem solving skills a must.
- Energetic self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Must have flexibility of working extended hours, weekends, holidays and on-call.
- In addition to independent qualities, the ability to work well as part of a regional/global and virtual teams across multiple geographies/vertical markets.
- Well organized, effective written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Associates degree in Electronics, Telecommunications, Communications or 8+ years of relevant work experience. Commensurate military experience may be acceptable.
- 8+ years relevant leadership/management experience with a proven track record in a Customer Support organization with demonstrable experience in leading a high performing team supporting our client base.
- 8+ years relevant work experience in remote communications industry is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in IP routing, switching, security and VOIP.
- Must have proven and demonstrable experience with satellite communications fundamentals, VSAT, antenna RF systems/sub-systems to include SeaTel, Intellian, Orbit, AVL Auto-Acquire and fixed antenna systems.
Working Conditions/Physical Elements
- On-call and after-hours support is required.
- Ability to lift in excess of 20lbs.
- Occasional travel to other ITC Global offices or client visits will be required.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.