Due to COVID - This Position will be remote until end of 2021, tentatively hybrid (remote & Irvine office) starting January 2022.
Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Develop and manage systems, data, and processes supporting financial planning & analysis (FP&A), P&L models, global consolidation, financial reporting, data governance, transformation initiatives & IT projects for Finance. Will be responsible for capturing and analyzing requirements from Finance, business stakeholders and partner with IT and outside consultants to deliver solutions. This position will support office of the CFO and business stakeholders by partnering closely with IT, HR, Operations, and other cross-functional teams. Will manage projects and people.
Project & Process Improvement
- Manages technical delivery team on a day to day basis and all technical risks and issues, including close liaison with Oracle Hyperion and IT staff amongst others to close down issues.
- Interfaces with business and IT stakeholders to anticipate requirements and mobilize available resources to deliver solutions to meet those needs.
- Drives continuous improvement and implements repeatable and sustainable processes supporting period-end close, forecast, and business plan.
System Implementation & Enhancement
- Captures and analyze business requirements to formulate application solutions to meet those needs.
- Develops financial models, P&L allocation methodologies, and presents to business leaders to secure buy-in.
- Creates of system design concepts and detail for implementation including appropriate project plans and assessment of risk.
- Performs hand-on development as required as a member of the project team.
- Acts as system project lead as necessary to ensure the successful coordination between finance users, IT and external consultants through completion of the project.
Maintenance and Support
- Provides ongoing maintenance and support for applications within the area of responsibility and provides production support.
- Train end users in the use of newly developed Planning and Reporting systems/applications.
- Create users guides when necessary to help user understanding of the system/applications or process.
- Analyzes gaps in existing applications and makes necessary changes to optimize performance.
- Proactively communicates and reports issues, status, and results to management with recommended solution.
- Performs detailed data research, financial modeling, and deep-dive analysis as requested to support decision making.
Leadership and Management
- Leads and manages team members thru performance review cycle
- Coaches and cross-trains team members to promote on-going development and back-up support.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability synthesize business requirements and translate into technical specifications.
- Advanced skills in the use of Multidimensional EPM Tools (i.e. Oracle Hyperion, Cognos, OneStream), Oracle EBS and MS office suite of software applications (i.e. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- In-depth knowledge of Oracle EPM products preferred, including Hyperion Essbase, Planning, FDMEE, and ODI
- Expertise in SQL, PL/SQL, Essbase calc scripts, and data validation technics.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in English, both in writing and verbally to all levels of the organization as well as external customers.
- Ability to independently address a company system application need with user customers, cooperatively conceive a direction, and bring forth a recommended proposal for management review.
- Ability to independently and cooperatively work with user customers to complete the company’s business plan including assisting with drawing up business plan goals and objectives, and advising on meeting budget targets.
- Ability to act as an effective systems project manager and a driving force in the creation of a system application.
- Ability to comprehend customer needs and implement the application on time and within budget.
- Uses professional concepts and applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Works on problems of moderate to diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- 4 year college degree in business, accounting or finance is preferred coupled with a heavy orientation toward an Oracle financially related systems environment. Graduate coursework desired.
- 7 years of business system analysis and financial planning work in multiple areas including: financial planning, business case development, budgeting, operating plan development, pricing/proposal development, R&D, cost management, cost forecasting.
- 3 years of management experience in developing and leading team members through performance review cycle
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.