Panasonic – Manager, Field Engineering
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
This position is focused on increasing sales revenues and maintaining existing customer base through technical support and engineering. The Senior Manager will recruit and develop skilled field engineering candidates, to address Panasonic transformation initiatives. Effectively manages reports and takes appropriate actions to correct performance related issues, while promoting excellence in support.
- Analyzes PSSNA customer trends and structures organization to effectively address its needs.
- Works with management to set organizational strategies, forward looking and current.
- Executes implements and monitors management strategies pertaining to field engineering, and field support activities.
- Leads the East Mobility Field Engineering Organization from a reactive position to an industry leading pre-sales consultative group
- Escalates relevant issues to management in a timely fashion as required
- Participates in weekly and monthly engineering conference calls
- Creates weekly, monthly and quarterly status reports.
- Works with team to reduce costs, increase operational efficiencies, while developing world class support operations.
Tracks all Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for within the East Mobility Field Engineering Organization.
- Industry certifications
- Escalation metrics
- Time to resolve.
- Customer satisfaction
- Establishes base line performance standards and ensures compliance.
- Advocates for the recognition of high performers
- Evaluates staff resource utilization, and makes recommendations for: increasing performance, cutting cost, etc.
- Works with PSSNA entities to ensure that sufficient product and service training exist such that all staff can effectively articulate the PSSNA value proposition.
- Assists in the development of Service Level Agreements (SLA) for partner and service contracts, Statements of Work (SOW) request for information (RFI), and request for quote/proposal (RFQ/RFP).
- Meets with key customers when necessary to strengthen relationships, improve support levels and resolve major issues
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Five (5) years or more experience in working in Mobility Field Engineering Support Operations with proven ability to manage and lead people.
- Minimum of a BS Degree in MIS, Engineering, Management, Computer Science or IT related discipline.
- Ability to demonstrate successful project: planning, implementation, and closeout for complex technical engagements.
- Proven ability to lead pre-sales & post sales engagements, working in concert with PSSNA entities in a collaborative manner.
- Understanding of PSSNA technology, products and service technology trends.
- Maintains or currently pursuing Project Management Institute (PMI), Project Management Professional or associate Project Management Professional (PMP or APM) certifications.
- Works towards maintaining all relevant industry certifications.
- Ability to resolve conflicts thinking strategically and embraces collaborative engagements.
- Ability to position human resources effectively to maximize organization performance
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to interface effectively and professionally with all organizational levels and management, internally and externally, are required and essential to success in this position, and in PSSNA activities, in general.
- Capability in effective communication with internal departments (Technical Support, PMO, Sales, Product Teams, Spare Parts, Engineering, Order Processing, Accounting, etc.)
- Capable of lifting over 50 pounds (22.7 kg), standing for long periods on factory floors, and maneuvering in factory production environments and confined spaces to execute technical activities.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively (often 75%, or greater), domestically and internationally, often with very short or immediate notice, with flexible work hours, including at times company holidays.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.