Panasonic – Manager, Engineering & Training - Process Automation
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What you will get to do:
The engineering team is responsible for technical expertise internally & externally, supporting sales and marketing, six sigma and lean consulting, developing revenue new revenue opportunities and providing the application engineer support to customers and sales. The training team is responsible to developing training curriculum, training internal and external customers, and driving training revenue. Develop new revenue opportunities to achieve budget targets for both groups while balancing sales support to provide with extreme customer satisfaction. Creating collaboration between both teams to drive efficiency and cost reduction, while maintaining with the highest standards of professionalism and support of our customers. Develop an environment inside the groups of continuous improvement (Kaizen). Develop an environment of continuous improvement with engineering & training team to provide all technical knowledge needed for PROCESS AUTOMATION GROUP: This candidate will need to be located in Buffalo Grove, Il
- Work with global engineering and sales teams to develop and launch industry and business solutions, providing technical guidance as needed. Support all product and technical groups to meet company goals.
- Areas that product engineering supports are SMT mfg, Software, MEG, through hole technology, lean/6 sigma consulting and TSO product line.
- Along with applications support, the engineers provide startup support and operation efficiency support to customers and sales.
- Maintain a high degree of knowledge and understanding of the industry and of methodologies.
- Improve methods of training PROCESS AUTOMATION GROUP customers through continued improvement of processes and personnel.
Achieve Budgets & New business development:
- Develop new products and services that can be sold to generate revenue for the engineering and training departments.
- Accountable for operational excellence of assigned program(s), with duties including project reviews, feasibility, cost benefit analysis, prioritization, initiation, execution & closure for all project work related to the program.
- Track and maintain the budget selling engineering & training services and products.
- Provide year or year growth for engineering and training revenue.
- Increase training revenue through online training website.
Sales & Marketing focus:
- Prepare support for the launch of new products: including presentations, demos, marketing information, configuration tool specification, and custom applications.
- Provide leadership for trade shows and demos
- Provide TRM meetings with the customers and sales
- Advise factory in the development of equipment to meet industry wide needs, providing both strategic and tactical level support
Consulting support for total line solutions:
- Work with 3rd party companies to provide solutions to our customers that can be included and sold as part of a Panasonic Solution
- Provide the technical consulting to ensure the solution provided by Panasonic will meet needs of the customer’s product
- Answer Pre/Post sales questions for a sales person looking to sell an integrated solution
What You’ll Bring:
- Budget or and reports to be managed.
Education & Experience:
- 10-15 years’ experience in engineering or product management
- 6-8 years of management experience with budgetary and staff supervision responsibilities
- SMT experienced required
- S. degree in engineering field
- 2D/3D CAD experience preferred.
- Familiarity and capability in software systems, IT infrastructure, networking, wireless access and programming
- Expert knowledge of Electronic Assembly required
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing process automation methodologies including Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma
- SMT process knowledge including all steps from bare board to box build including all steps in between.
- Good understanding of MES software applications
- A high degree of initiative, creativity, and trouble-shooting skills, along with a highly collaborative, detail-oriented, and organizational nature are critical to success, due to the highly complex nature of technical and interpersonal situations encountered in day-to-day activities.,
- Good Business Acumen which is dealing with a business situation in a manner that is likely to lead to a good outcome
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to interface effectively and professionally with all organizational levels and management, internally and externally, are required and essential to success in this position, and in PROCESS AUTOMATION GROUP activities, in general.
- Capability in effective communication with internal departments (Technical Support, Sales, Spare Parts, Order Processing, Accounting, etc),
- The ability to create concise presentations to give to all levels of management internally and externally
- Must be able to manage a diverse multinational team of engineers
- Create value for staff members through ongoing contributions of knowledge sharing and coaching to facilitate individual and organizational development and growth.
- Must provide leadership to the team giving vison and direction to the department to create an inspired culture
- Must possess key managements skills of decision making, planning, meeting management, and delegation.
Ability and willingness to travel (often 50%, or greater), domestically and internationally, often with very short or immediate notice, with flexible work hours, including non-standard business hours, weekends, and occasional holidays, as may be necessary to meet customer project schedules and demands.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.