Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Oversee and manage a team of approximately 15-20 members in the Systems Installation Engineering group. This team is responsible for designing, drafting, checking, testing, and releasing IFE system wiring harnesses and hardware. Responsible for meeting schedules and problem resolution. Participate in technical review board meetings to assist in product design, test and delivery activities. Responsible for introducing new technologies to meet market requirements. Work with all organizations within Engineering, Marketing, Product Planning, Certification, Manufacturing and Quality to meet company commitments.
Support the other design teams in all engineering efforts within the group
- Participate in the design, development and sustaining of existing and new wiring harnesses and hardware.
- Interface with engineering staff and management to determine project workloads and priorities.
- Drafting, checking, and releasing drawings
- Start and oversee department initiatives
- Identify and implement product improvements
- Organize and maintain department documentation
- Absorb all non-design tasks
- Lead product safety investigations
- Maintain and automate our tools and databases
- Developing opportunities for employee engagement
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
- Set clear team goals
- Delegate tasks and set deadlines
- Monitor team performance and report on metrics
- Discover training needs and provide coaching and career paths
- Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts
- Recognize high performance and reward accomplishments
- Encourage creativity and risk-taking
- Ensure compliance to company and customer requirements.
- Assist in developing budgetary management requirements and recommendations.
- Demonstrate leadership, people and team building skills
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Strong knowledge of the In-Flight Entertainment environment, with a focus on development of new, innovative technology to deliver exceptional digital audio, video, internet application and gaming in the IFE domain.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with proactive attitude.
- Ability to effectively communicate between several departments within the organization.
- Ability to effectively provide direction to staff engineers for the purpose of guiding electrical systems and design activities.
- Outstanding communication skills and demonstrated ability in developing and delivering complex business and technical presentations for senior management.
- Progressive with introduction of new technologies to improve cost, environmental and other product requirement constraints.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills required to meet design and qualification requirements.
- Ability to effectively resolve staff issues as they arise.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Must have good presentation skills
- Must be able to communicate with and interact at all levels of management internal and externally
- BS, MS or PhD in engineering and/or 10+ years of aircraft industry design experience. This includes some knowledge of FAA certification requirements.
- 5 - 10 years’ experience in engineering.
- 5+ years of leading a team experience desired.
- Experience in IFE desired.
- Project Management experience is recommended.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally, up to 15% of the time.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.