Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more. If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Seeking a Manager who will manager software engineers in the research, design, and development of computer software systems, in conjunction with hardware product development applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis: Position may have several subordinates reporting to the position. Consults with managerial personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, suggest changes, and determine extent of programming and coding required.
- Manages and directs department activities, assigning, coordinating, and reviews work of software engineering subordinates, to address field issues, modify software code, improve software quality and production techniques, and develop test procedures to catch systemic issues.
- Analyzes technology trends, human resource needs, and market demand to plan projects.
- Confers with management, production, and marketing staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness and customer demand for new and existing products.
- Participates in forecasting operating costs of department and performs preparation of budget requests.
- Administers personnel functions, including recruiting, review and selection and placement of personnel.
- Plans and establishes engineering schedules and follows up performance against estimates.
- Provides technical or administrative consultation or advice to peers or the immediate manager in the department, product line, or on projects.
- May direct/perform software functions for troubleshooting, investigating issues and working with the Engineers directly to address roadblocks and provide timely solutions to our other teams.
- Makes or reviews decisions regarding technical approaches or project designs with staff input considering resource allocation and time schedules for project or department activities.
What we're looking for:
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Requires planning to ensure the timely completion of several, complex projects (budgets and resources).
- Proven ability to establish goals, scope, approach, schedules, and manpower to accomplish overall objectives and programs.
- Ability to perform with only general guidance in the form of objectives established by senior management.
- Independently determines the best approaches for achieving results
- Proven ability to communicate and work with cross-functional departments and groups. Must be able to handle crucial conversations and provide mutual respect with subordinates and peers.
- Typically requires evaluation and analysis of administrative or business problems or allocation of resources.
- Proven ability to direct and coordinate staff in developing solutions to technical problems that require extensive investigation and clarification.
Education and Experience Required
- Minimum 6 years of related work experience, preferably in cabin avionics. In-flight entertainment highly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience in software development environment.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off:
- Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees.
- Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure.
- All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
- Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI).
- Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family.
- Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.