Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Oversee and manage a team of hardware engineers in the Connectivity section (Electrical and Mechanical). Responsible for designing, testing, and releasing core IFEC (Connectivity) hardware LRUs. Responsible for meeting schedules and problem resolution. Participate in technical review board meetings to assist in product design, test and delivery activities. Responsible for introducing new technologies to meet market requirements. Work with all organizations within Engineering, Marketing, Product Planning and Quality to meet company commitments.
Oversight of IFEC (In-Flight Entertainment & Connectivity) Hardware Engineering Efforts (60% of time)
- Participate in the design, development, and sustaining of existing and new line replacement units (LRUs) as well as system requirements.
- Interface with Engineering staff and management to determine project workloads and priorities.
Team Leadership (40 % of time)
- Manage daily activities of the Engineering team assignments.
- Manage the development of test methodologies, plans, and procedures.
- Manage technical development to ensure compliance with product definitions including environmental requirements.
- Meet with employees regularly to review performance against objectives and conduct performance reviews.
- Assist in developing budgetary requirements and recommendations.
- Responsible for managing the department budget
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Strong technical knowledge of the Connectivity (5G, Ku, KA) or equivalent industry environment, with a focus on the development of new, innovative technology to deliver exceptional connectivity Antenna, Cell Modem, and Satellite communication.
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills are required to meet design and qualification requirements.
- Experience in hardware engineering including simulation schematic, layout, CAD tools, and design release process
- Ability to recommend changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
Leadership / Management
- Demonstrated leadership, people, and team-building skills.
- Leading the change: Ability to demonstrate a transformative attitude for executing change based on a company vision or strategy.
- Ability to effectively provide direction to staff engineers for the purpose of guiding electrical systems and design activities.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Ability to effectively resolve staff issues as they arise.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with a proactive attitude.
- Ability to effectively communicate between several departments within the organization.
- Outstanding communication skills and demonstrated ability in developing and delivering complex business and technical presentations for senior management.
Education/ Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent. Advanced degree preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in hardware engineering.
- 2+ of previous experience leading a team which includes direct management, team lead or project lead experience.
Nice to haves but not required:
- Integrated Project Team (IPT) or experience leading projects/programs
- Experience in IFE, FAA, or equivalent regulated industry requirements.
- Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
- At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
- All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.