Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Oversee and manage a team of approximately 10-15 members in the Advance Product Development group within the Hardware Engineering department across multiple locations. This team supports all of the Hardware Engineering organization, and is responsible for coordinating and driving process improvement opportunities (including process automation and alignment across multiple groups), CAD tools, metrics and KPIs, and reporting on key initiatives. The team is also responsible for ensuring that current processes are being followed, and that documentation adheres to PACs QMS (Quality Management Systems) requirements, which involves close working with various Quality groups, as well as other departments.
Support all Hardware Engineering teams for process and CAD management
- Oversee CAD contract/SOW management in conjunction with Procurement
- Lead CAD project management initiatives
- Tool evaluations, upgrades, training
- Working closely with IT to identify and streamline SW and HW needs, including for enterprise tools as well as CAD tools
- Maintaining and publishing department KPIs
- Identify and lead Process Automation
- Drive HWE process improvement collector activities with the Framework For Success, including organizing and managing training
Department and Personnel Management
- Demonstrate leadership, people and team building skills, including performance management and recruitment, and model collaboration across the organization
- Set clear team goals
- Delegate tasks and set deadlines
- Monitor team performance and report on metrics
- Discover training needs and provide coaching and career paths
- Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts
- Recognize high performance and reward accomplishments
- Encourage creativity and risk-taking
- Ensure compliance to company and customer requirements
- Assist in developing budgetary management requirements and recommendations
- Developing opportunities for employee engagement
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
- Well-organized, with the ability to work in a diverse, fast paced, ever-changing environment
- Great problem-solving abilities, with knowledge of process improvement tools and skills
- Experience working in the In-Flight Entertainment environment, or other tightly regulated industry, preferred
- Excellent written and verbal skills with proactive, can-do attitude
- Ability to effectively communicate across the organization, at all levels of the company
- Ability to effectively provide direction to team members and SMEs for the purpose of guiding department activities
- Outstanding communication skills and demonstrated ability in developing and delivering complex business and technical presentations for senior management, including assessing ROI or Cost/Benefit analyses
- Ability to effectively resolve staff issues as they arise
- Support flow down of priorities and objectives to support overall department and company goals
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- BS, in engineering and/or 10+ years of aircraft industry development or certification experience
- 5+ years’ experience in avionics engineering or equivalent, preferably with much of that in IFE
- 2+ years’ experience of leading project teams
- Experience leading multifunctional teams to deliver tangible operational improvements
- Knowledge of hardware development CAD tools from an operational perspective is highly desired
- Proven track record in managing and delivering projects and initiatives
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally, up to 10% of the time.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.