Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
Who We Are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
- Manages engineers and technical staff in the engineering test organization. Responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of policies and procedures for the testing and validation of all phases of software program deliveries.
• Test Engineering
• Manage engineering resources toward practical technical developments such as test strategy and automation in support of the software delivery processes.
• Drive the engineering coordination and execution focused towards launching various new programs, projects, and features.
• Manage functional flow of the testing process, working with upstream and downstream stakeholders while focusing on collaboration of teams via Technical Leads.
• Participate in the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class delivery capability.
• Manage the development of test methodologies, plans, and procedures to meet KPIs.
• Collaborate with cross-functional engineering managers (Requirement, Software, Hardware, Test, Tools) and product teams. Lead examinations of each feature requirement to create enhanced test plans and perform risk analysis.
• Lead the development of complex mitigation strategies, best practices, alternative solutions, resolving issues, etc.
• Prepare POCs, supporting data, and presentation materials to facilitate strategic decision making and approval of new technology strategies with cross functional PAC organizations and senior management.
• Manage the creation of new processes and tools as necessary to support additional needs and requirements of a fast-growing business. Exercise technical judgment to drive effective agile testing while ensuring realistic, effective and attainable goals within optimized timeline and cost.
• Make or review decisions regarding technical approaches with staff input considering resource allocation and time schedules for software program deliveries.
• Hire, train, develop and appraise direct staff.
• Anticipates financial needs, quantifies budget to support project planning, and manages budget per forecast and schedules.
The salary or hourly wage range of $126,000-211,000 USD is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
What We’re Looking For:KNOWLEDGE/SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Must have demonstrated, technically sound, engineering leadership background and proven successes in designing and implementing test plans and process portfolios in a regulated industry.
• A technical background in development and test in an iterative and scalable Agile environment.
• Proven ability to processes and implement test strategies that add high value to the business.
• Strong understanding of Cloud based services and delivery capabilities preferred.
• Familiar with Unix and Linux OS. Basic understanding of systems administrator capabilities and command language for Linux is preferred.
• Highly proficient in deriving test plans from requirements and specifications.
• Advanced ability to develop and implement automation test methods and procedures.
• Ability to work in a diverse, fast paced, ever changing environment.
• Demonstrated leadership, people and team building skills. Ability to effectively resolve staff issues as they arise.
• Excellent written and verbal skills with proactive attitude.
• Ability to effectively communicate between several departments within the organization.
• Outstanding communication skills and demonstrated ability in developing and delivering complex business and technical presentations for senior management.
• Ability to introduce new technologies to improve cost, environmental and other product requirement constraints.
• Problem solving and troubleshooting skills required to meet design and qualification requirements.
• Ability to receive assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
• Proven ability to direct and coordinate staff in developing solutions to technical problems that require extensive investigation and clarification.
• Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
• Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
• Ability to demonstrate innovative and pragmatic approaches in resolving complex issues raised by customers.
• Demonstrated ability to appreciate different and potentially opposing perspectives on issues and bring about change to approach as required by situation.
• Proven success in influencing management strategic decisions to invest in both new and proven technology platforms.
• IFE and/or Avionics industry experience is preferred.
• 4 year degree, preferably in Engineering, Computer Science, or other Technical Degree.
• 5+ years of experience in software engineering or test engineering or 8+ years of relevant experience in lieu of a 4 year degree.
• 2+ years supervisory, team lead, or project leader experience.
• Cabin avionics and In-flight entertainment experience highly preferred.
• Ability to travel to domestic or international locations as required, up to 15% of the time.
• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
Our Principles:Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude What We Offer:· At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program. · Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive flexible paid time off. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked. · Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP. · 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1.· Washington residents only are eligible for: Washington’s Family and Medical Leave program and Washington’s Paid Sick Leave program.· Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program..