Manage the people, product, budget, & process activities of the engineering design teams at the project/program level of small to medium scale development programs.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Owns the talent acquisition processes within the project/program to ensure frequent workforce planning is completed, and recruiting processes are followed.
- Accountable for the quality of talent in the business unit - both internally and the quality of external hires.
- Ensures that performance expectations are clear to the individuals within the project/program. Specifically, ensures that the project/program’s strategic and operational goals are clear to all and that individual accountabilities and objectives are aligned to support achieving overall project/program goals.
- Ensures that all individuals within the project/program are equipped with the knowledge and skills to support higher levels of performance and ongoing development of their skills. This includes the management of underperformers.
- Identifies high-potential talent within project/program and follows through with additional developmental plans.
- Establishes a formal learning and development plan for all employees and track progress.
- Identifies employee relations issues and develops action plans that address the root cause through training/coaching/policy clarifications.
- Understands, and can explain to the team, how the PDP aligns with company Strategy & Goals.
- Provides input to new process definition documents.
- Provides on the job training and coaching of staff to assure the PDP is followed on their project.
- Assures all staff on the project are compliant with the PASA PDP. Assures documentation is completed and archived.
- Supports, and arranges for, 3rd party audit of the project.
- Develops project level engineering resource plans to meet the development requirements of the product in the form of work breakdown structure resource planning tools.
- Manages the project level engineering timeline plan to meet the development requirements of the product in the form of critical path timing planning tools.
- Manages the project level HW/SW/SE/DVT product development design dependencies between departments to meet the product specification requirements as defined in customer specifications, government regulations, & internal design standards documentation.
- Manages project level activities in analyzing key product indicator data & trends to improve the product quality & development process.
- Manages, plans and forecasts sub-contractor expense on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, in line with the project's WBS. Manage payment through effective use of the Time Entry system. Able to identify and implement savings for assigned projects, relative to overall budget.
- Manages and plans for Direct Labor Headcount for assigned projects, in coordination with sub-contractors and WBS. Work with Group Manager to ensure direct headcount is in line with overall annual headcount plan.
- Manages, plans and forecasts Material expense on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, in line with the project's WBS. Able to identify and implement savings for assigned projects, relative to overall budget.
- Manages, plans and forecasts all 3rd party/vendor expense on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, in line with the project's WBS. Works with Engineering, Purchasing, Legal, etc. to create SOWs with milestone deliveries and payments. Identifies and implements savings for assigned projects, relative to overall budget.
- Manages, plans and forecasts Overhead expense on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, inline with the project's WBS. Be able to identify and implement savings for assigned projects, relative to overall budget.
- Manages, plans and forecasts Fixed Assets, per assigned project's WBS. Able to justify fixed assets with Return on Investment justification.
- Responsible for ISM management as part of the management of staff members, their work and workplace.
- Responsible for the management of information security as part of the normal management of the business.
- Must cooperate with the Company ISM professionals in implementing the information security policies within the Company, and ensures that information is handled in compliance with the Global ISM related regulations.
- Interprets, enforces and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Four-year college degree in Mechanical Engineering or related degree required.
- Eight (8) years of direct engineering design related experience in automotive or electronics industry, utilizing any of the Systems, Software, Electrical, Mechanical development roles.
- Demonstrated leadership experiences, preferably leading engineering project teams.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.