Directs, provides leadership for, and coordinates activities for EMC and Electrical testing consistent with the standard of care set forth in ISO/IEC 17025 standard and related accreditations. Lead a team of diverse engineers and technicians in performing on time testing. Responsibility includes that of personnel, processes, technical support, and fiscal accountability.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Directs all activities related to the EMC and Electrical testing of customer products in cooperation with other department functions including Design Engineering and Quality.
- Manages staff including supervision, counseling, mentoring, performance standards and review, discipline and employee development. Assures employee training and development meet industry and accreditation guidelines. Develops goals for staff to achieve company objectives. Continually monitors staff performance and provide leadership to achieve objectives.
- Develops detailed models for each customer validation specification that includes labor needs, test equipment utilization, test sequencing, sectional throughput time as part of the overall department work plan. Collaborate with other department managers to achieve goals set forth in the total project test plans.
- Develops planning for usage of outside test laboratories. Performs outside test vendor certification by on-site auditing. Responsible for quoting and generating PO’s (Purchase Orders) for necessary testing and provides justifications. Monitors outside laboratory performance, test quality, accreditation status, and test reporting. Responsible for addressing issues related to testing or product found by outside laboratory.
- Assures all validation programs are conducted and completed on schedule.
- Assures compliance to customer specifications, test specifications, testing accreditations, and product performance.
- Reviews all test reports, procedures, closed TIR’s, and certifies related product validation.
- Responsible for fixed assets, equipment performance, equipment repair, calibration, and maintenance. Provides repeated follow up, meeting with sectional heads and test engineers to ensure equipment is performing to needed requirements. Leads problem resolution process and provides feedback for problematic equipment, issues with test specifications, problems found with the devices under test, and test engineer usage.
- Manage a diverse group of test and measurement equipment (T&ME), racks, fixtures and parts following the ISO/IEC 17025 quality standard.
- Maintain PASA EMC laboratory’s GM, Ford & FCA recognition status.
- Monitors employee performance, analyzes trends, and makes recommendations to improve employee development quality and efficiency. Develops and provides KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators).
- Responsible for maintaining expenditures, budgets, inventory and capital investments.
- Prepares information as needed in the test documentation process.
- Provides feedback to design for product capability under testing. Leads problem resolution for test interface issues, and/or product issues, with devices under test.
- Responsible for selecting outside vendors. Ensures vendor performance meets specifications and vendor maintains accreditations (if required). Develops PO’s (Purchase Orders) and provides justification. Addresses and resolves issues raised by outside vendors.
- Plan, develop, and participate in experimentation and tests related to product development.
- Generate and analyze test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Develop test and design process procedures evaluating test results for possible application to other products and/or systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with in depth understanding of electrical engineering practices, principles, processes and systems or equivalent technical experience.
- Previous work experience (4+ years) in EMC laboratory performing test.
- Previous supervisory / management / leadership experience.
- Working knowledge of DMM, Oscilloscope, Network Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzers, RF Signal Generators, RF amplifier, Antennas, ESD simulators etc.
- Working knowledge of MS Office package. (MS word, MS excel, MS project, MS Power point, MS VISIO)
- Must have good computer application skills as necessary for the position.
- Good understanding of grounding, shielding, transmission line and role of cross talk in modern electronic design.
- Knowledge of ISO/IEC17025 and IATF16949 Quality Systems.
- Previous related experience in automotive industry.
- Working knowledge of CAN, LIN and other automotive networks and related tools.
- Extensive knowledge of OEM EMC specifications (FMC1278, GMW3097, CS.00054, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of International EMC specifications (IEC/CISPR25, ISO 10605, ISO 11452, ISO 16750-2, ISO 7637, IEC 61000-4-21, FCC Part 15, ECE regulation 10)
- Extensive experience performing RE, RI, CE, & CI tests per the above stated specifications.
- Advanced knowledge, understanding and usage of the of MS Office package. (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Power Point, MS VISIO).
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.