Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Manage Data Software engineering team in a highly agile environment, focused on efficient operation of daily activities, and continuous improvement for development, monitoring and automation. The manager of Data Software will work with the engineering team to design and implement best practices in Cloud infrastructure and deployment automation and monitoring to ensure systems are highly available, elastically scalable, fault tolerant and performant. Manage Data software engineering team to solve interesting engineering challenges for a global deployment of solutions, including but not limited to manageability, scalability and availability. Deliver analytics capabilities across multiple business lines and portfolio to achieve a true DevOps paradigm that supports product vision and aligns with SaaS, Big data analytics, powerful artificial intelligence-powered business strategy.
- Mentor, lead and manage a growing team of engineers, setting goals, tracking progress, reviewing performance and assisting personnel with career growth and advancement
- Recruit and hire engineering talent as needed focused on data software
- Work collaboratively in a DevOps culture with a talented data software engineering team to build & support systems in Cloud based platforms using contemporary technologies
- Communicate issues or project details effectively with direct reports, peers and managers
- Become familiar with overall product and technology roadmap and plan for team and department needs to meet roadmap requirements including staffing, technology innovations/updates, etc
- Build fully automated CI/CD pipelines for systems and software deployments, including infrastructure configuration and deployment automation for all solutions.
- Work with a team of engineers taking ownership for the scalability, performance, reliability, security and maintenance of production deployments.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Establish the service delivery culture for our growing cloud business, building best-in class service engineering capabilities in the team, Provide solutions for the design and implementation of Hadoop EMR Cluster/ Big Data Infrastructure. Deploy and maintain Hadoop/Big Data/Spark and database storage Infrastructures in AWS cloud.
- Delivery of high performance and highly scalable software solutions using platform services at an optimized cost point with Cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of service availability. Perform quality reviews, manage operations, and operational issues. Drive the engineering effort extract, transform and load (ETL) scripts for moving and curating data into data sets for storage and maximize use by a datalake, data platform on the Cloud infrastructure.
- Drive the implementation of the architecture, engineering, operations of the deployed solutions in production to deliver high quality software
- Responsible for leading the CI/CD maturity journey of the data software engineering team
- Partner and influence other engineering teams in the evolution of shared technologies
- Engage in product discussions, influence the paradigm, capabilities roadmap, and guide technical direction
- Evolve an agile delivery model that builds on a very collaborative, open and rapid interaction between intent providers and technology execution
- Work with stakeholders in the Technology organization to identify and define the next generation opportunities and drive a game changing strategy driven by technology
- Develop proofs of concept and prototypes for new technologies and products
- Ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines related to data, PII, geo and customer-specific requirements
- Directly manages engineering teams to deliver technology solutions across multiple business and product lines in support of business strategy and growth
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best Data software engineering talent and enable our diverse, inclusive and customer centric culture
- Collaboration with other internal groups and customers to improve product support services
- Support vendor evaluation, strategic planning, staff planning and management, budget and system forecasting, change management, systems security, systems performance monitoring, reporting, and partner support
- Manage team in an agile approach to ensure objectives are achieved Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices
- Operating Systems – Experience supporting mission-critical platforms, both physical and virtualized environments
- Solid working knowledge of cloud computing architectures and big data architectures
- Experience using AWS technologies such as EC2, ECS, RDS, Redshift, CloudWatch, QuickSight, Glue, S3, CloudFront, Route53, ELB/ALB and Elasticache under production workloads.
- Hosted Infrastructure - Experience building out a reliable website architecture in AWS or other Cloud providers.
- Has global understanding of department’s mission and vision and the ability to communicate that to the teams to motivate and inspire them to work as a cohesive force.
- Ability to manage frequent change, mitigate delays or unexpected events.
- Experience taking to the Cloud new products and services, building the production infrastructure along with the monitoring and alerting systems
- Experience designing, building and managing large scale distributed software defined infrastructure in AWS, GCP & Azure, including experience leveraging one or more coding languages for automation
- Working experience of modern engineering operations duties, including providing the necessary tools and infrastructure to support high performance development and QA teams.
- Proven experience leading positive change, empowering people, cultivating technology visions and innovative solutions, and fostering effective engineering practices and culture.
- Experience with Agile development, techniques and methodologies and with CI/CD
- Experience in driving process improvements, with a strong focus on leveraging technology for the establishment of fluid interactions and interfaces between teams
- Experience building and managing large scale infrastructure in AWS or other Cloud providers, including experience leveraging one or more coding languages for automation
- Perform quality reviews, manage operations, and triage operational issues
- Exceptional verbal, written communication and organizational skills, along with interpersonal skills that allow for collaboration across a diverse group of people
- A proven track record of leading an operations team globally, operations teams Awareness, understanding and curiosity about data science and machine learning
- Proven track record of managing multiple, competing tasks and objectives
- Experience working in cloud-based environments, including the design and set up of cost-effective systems in these environments
- Creation and adherence to industry/customer accepted SLAs
- Hands-on experience working within both on-premise, Public (AWS and/or Azure) Cloud environments
- Must be willing to travel (roughly 10% of the time)
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math, or related fields or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years' experience as an established technical leader of Software Engineering Teams.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience as a hands-on role working on highly scalable distributed systems.
- 8+ years minimum years’ experience of product engineering and support in the global environments
- 8+ years of experience as an established technical leader of engineering teams, with proven track record of successfully delivering services
- 5+ years of experience in Linux/Unix environments
- 5+ years managing and mentoring technical talent
- 5+ years’ Experience managing direct reports and developing resources
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.