Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
The Panasonic Cybersecurity Risk Management (“PCRM”) organization exists to strategically enable the business mission of enhancing the passenger experience, improving operational efficiencies, and generating business opportunities.
The mission is to protect the Panasonic brand and reputation, our digital processes and technologies, data and intellectual property, and the customer data under its custodianship.
The scope is global in nature and achieves its mission by developing and operating, programs to identify, prioritize, communicate, measure, and drive to closure, cybersecurity risk across the enterprise and our portfolio of NEXT generation products.
Operating within the PCRM team, the Cybersecurity Compliance Manager will support and maintain the cybersecurity compliance management strategy. This role will also manage a team of analysts to develop, assess, and maintain policies, standards, processes and procedures, to a level compliant with ISO27001/2, PCI DSS, PA DSS, MPAA/TPN, JSOX, GDPR and other relevant standards.
The role will work collaboratively with various business and IT teams in the design and implementation of cybersecurity risk assessment and compliance programs. They will lead a team to facilitate audit requests, conducts assessments and identify risk themes, while proactively promoting internal cybersecurity awareness and training across the appropriate teams.
- Drives the departmental management activities for cybersecurity compliance.
- Assembles and leads the cybersecurity compliance team, identifies appropriate resources needed, and develops schedules to ensure timely completion of multiple internal and external audits and assessments for PCI DSS, MPAA, JSOX, GDPR, and ISO27001.
- Interfaces with task leaders, subcontractors and support personnel, customer and senior management to drive action and ensure transparency and visibility for cybersecurity risk management initiatives.
- Escalates and reports risks to the Cybersecurity Executive Steering Committee or its working group overseeing compliance initiatives.
- Review and negotiate cybersecurity compliance issues that arise in a wide variety of customer facing engagements in collaboration with other cybersecurity managers.
- Respond to internal and external consumers, regulatory bodies, and auditors about security governance, risk, and compliance affairs and inquiries.
- Manage global cybersecurity policy exception or waiver requests, policy reviews, and user awareness training.
- Support Manager in tactical execution of cybersecurity risk and compliance objectives by ensuring compliance with cybersecurity policies related to risk management, customer security requirements, PCI DSS, MPAA, JSOX, and GDPR.
- Keep informed regarding pending industry changes, trends, and best practices and assess the potential impact of these changes on organizational processes. Reports to Manager.
- Coordinate and execute audit questionnaire responses, onsite visits, video teleconference sessions and other meetings and discussions with external parties within SLAs and deadlines.
- Assist internal audit requirements with preparing and presenting written and oral reports and other technical or process related information in a pertinent, concise, and accurate manner for distribution to management.
- Ability to interface with all levels within organization and provide input to facilitate cybersecurity compliance decisions.
- Analytical skills and ability to formulate and articulate recommendations.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in fast changing environment
- Ability to travel internationally
- Ability to interact with personnel on all levels to resolve issues and provide solutions in a timely manner.
- Ability to maintain a detail-oriented approach while multitasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and accountable
- Bachelor’s degree
- Security Professional Certification (CISSP or CRISC) desirable or the ability to obtain in the first 6 months after hire.
- 5+ year’s in Data Security or IT Compliance management position for a global organization.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with multicultural environment to ensure sensitivity to both internal and external customers.
- Expert skill level in using Microsoft Office Project and similar scheduling applications.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.