Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills, and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Responsible for overseeing and managing departmental day-to-day tasks and personnel, in multiple locations/regions, relating to importing and exporting tangible and intangible goods in conjunction with Customs import/export regulations, Other Government Agency (OGA) regulations, and, logistics routing guidelines. Provide support as required in the areas of duty refund filing, cross-dock order processing, duty deferral programs/schemas, and logistics to minimize shipment execution delays and, ensures billing accuracy against contracts and tariffs. Responsible for development and delivery of regional compliance programs and responsible for ongoing training of team members and self to support the growth and development of team and department.
- Manages Imports & Exports of tangible, intangible goods, and export-controlled goods to ensure seamless cross border trade transactions and logistics routing against internal policies, procedures, government agency requirements, and customer executed agreements
- Monitors and reports status of daily tasks via dashboards and KPIs and may transactionally support where needed on departmental activity related to but not limited to:
- All activities related to self-filed customs entries for imported products from pre-alert through delivery
- Management and audit of customs entries performed by in house or by customs house brokerage firms, including but not limited to receipt of pre-alert, providing classification, documentation, and additional information as required for timely and accurate entry
- Monitor and review audit results and approval on duty invoices, customs entries filed by PAC and/or customs house brokerage firms to ensure accurate entry and duty payment
- Monitor and ensure applicable Duty/Tax payments to government agencies, including reporting as needed
- Support interactions and troubleshooting with freight forwarders/carriers/agents where needed to collect documents, pay freight charges and other fees to ensure customs release and final delivery as well as ensure compliant export filings and shipment bookings
- Monitor and ensure timely and accurate ISF or other filings as required to ensure compliant transportation
- Monitor and ensure complete and accurate filing and maintenance of records as required by import and export regulations and corporate record retention policies
- Liaise with Customs agencies at a transactional level when required and when there are information requests for product information, manipulation of shipments upon arrival is required or penalties are levied due to non-compliance of Customs rules and regulations
- Monitor and ensure control of exports and export-controlled items including oversight of End Use Statement issuances, Export Control Statement issuances
- Lead as appointed and support work transfer initiatives between sites in support of corporate strategy and organization roadmap for transformational change
- Manage, monitor, and report if applicable timely and accurate drawback or other duty/tax claims including but not limited to:
- Support team members in identifying qualifying exports
- Support team members in obtaining shipment documents, AWBs, proof of delivery, waiver letters, or other documents as required
- Support identifying qualifying import entries using various internal and external systems, perform audit prior to submission
- Support and ensure communication with PAC management and/or finance team or drawback filer with the required information to facilitate refund filing
- Support and engage when needed with customers or internal team members to educate on duty drawbacks, duty deferment schemas, import tax refund requirements to facilitate claims processing
- Verify return of duties/taxes
- Ensure filing and maintenance of records as required by regulations and corporate record retention policies
- Manage, monitor, and report on cross-dock, warehouse and shipping activity, and support when needed, including but not limited to:
- Support identification of inbound shipments, track to delivery at 3rd party location
- Support review of onforwarding requirements, coordinate order releases and routing with Order Administration where transit time and carrier don’t align to ensure OTD
- Support receipt of documents where needed
- Support compliant processing of shipments and resolve data issues in various company logistics systems to facilitate visibility for processing at the warehouse and/or 3rd party location
- Ensure coordination with 3rd party onforwarding provider to ensure timely and accurate movement of goods after delivery
- Ensure coordination and timely receipt of the report from 3rd party provider and update PAC system with onforwarding AWB and Carrier in timely/accurate manner
- Act as an escalation point and respond to requests for information from internal parties on the status of shipments and interface with warehouse and/or 3rd party and internal parties to resolve issues and escalate to management as needed
- Support team members in problem solving and escalation to management where appropriate
- Facilitate and coordinate special handling of goods requiring licensing, ATA Carnet, OGA requirements for cross-border shipments
- Support escalation and resolution of shipping/transportation issues with respective shipping groups in the various company established logistics systems
- Act as an escalation point for team members during problem-solving and issue resolution, escalating to management when needed
- Monitor, review, audit, and correct and approval of transportation billing against contracts and tariffs to ensure compliance
Process And Continuous Improvement
- Identify, develop, implement, and maintain end-to-end trade compliance process flows and process documents as it relates to product movements, customs entry, duty refund, cross-dock, and other customs and logistics activities.
- Evaluation, requirements development, testing, project management, and delivery of compliance system improvements
- Continued effort to suggest and deliver process improvements to create efficiency, improve compliance, and reduce spending where possible
- Collaborate on the development of global policies and manage the development and delivery of local or regional policies as assigned
- Create, develop and release required trade compliance and logistics training materials in partnership with the Office of Ethics and Compliance
- Ensure training completions of trade compliance and logistics content are monitored and managed with the support of the Office of Ethics and Compliance
Supervision & Development
- Develop and monitor team members within the region and others as assigned. Manage recordkeeping with relation to training, goals, and performance as well as provide support completion of same. Ensure continued growth in experience and knowledge of self and team members
What we’re looking for:
- 4-year college degree or a minimum of 6 years of import/brokerage related work experience
- 6 years of shipping and transportation experience required
- Working knowledge and understanding of electronic products or experience in a high-tech industry required
- Minimum 6 years of customer service experience required
- Strong experience in MS Office Suite applications including MS Excel
- Working knowledge and understanding of ERP applications such as Oracle, SAP, etc.
- Customs Broker License/Regional Certification required
- Knowledge and understanding of duty drawbacks, duty deferment schemas, and import tax refund processes pursuant to government regulations and company policy
- A high level of knowledge and experience in import processes, customs brokerage functions, and international logistics processes is required.
- High level of knowledge and understanding of the Harmonized General System of Preferences (GSP) in order to properly classify products and determine duty-free applicability on imported goods
- Intermediate knowledge and understanding of Export Administration requirements (ECCN) rules and regulations to classify goods for export
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to track multiple activities involving numerous details
- Ability to work on and monitor team member assignments that are moderately complex requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations to business stakeholders/Management
- Ability to develop and deliver activity and performance reports as needed
- Ability to travel up to 20% - domestic and overseas as needed.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive, and flexible benefits program.