The Panasonic Avionics Corporation Customer Solutions team is all about focusing on the customers and their outcomes. We are the technical face of Panasonic to our customers. We strategically utilize our platforms and products expertise, combined with our understanding of the customer’s needs and expectations to deliver solutions that focuses on their business outcomes, which then allows airlines to grow their businesses and overcome challenges. We work as a technical partner that interfaces with the entire organization from Sales, Products/Services, Engineering and Program Management to architect solutions and outcomes to help airlines with their In-Flight Entertainment and Connectivity Systems. We are passionate in working with the airlines to provide the best passenger, crew, operations, and engineering experience.
Customer Solutions Organization is seeking a motivated, innovative, and high performing individuals with an entrepreneurial mindset. You will manage a team of solution engineers and architects with the following responsibilities:
- Research, design and engineer new solutions starting from conceptual stage to customer delivery stage for Panasonic Inflight Entertainment and Communication systems.
- Write user stories, use cases, and functional requirements for platforms, features and graphical user interfaces for products and airline programs.
- Collaborate with sales team to provide integrated solutions to customers during the business proposal
What You’ll be Doing:
- Manage and directs department activities, assigning, coordinating, and reviews work of subordinates.
- Lead in identifying risk, developing complex mitigation strategies, best practices, alternative solutions, resolving issues in collaboration with cross functional teams.
- Establish procedures to be aligned with overall company development process
- Set up necessary training activities to ensure the department has enough knowledge to perform their duty.
- Analyze technology trends, human resource needs, and market demand to plan projects.
- Participates in forecasting operating costs of department and performs preparation of budget requests.
- Administer personnel functions, including recruiting, review and selection and placement of personnel.
- Motivate, monitor, and mentor staff as needed.
- Provide technical or administrative consultation or advice to peers or the immediate manager in the department, product line, or on projects.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams to understand the regional sales strategy and provide technical solutions that will help achieve the sales goal.
- Design and create complex, cross-product solutions with Account management teams that meets the customer’s requirements for proposals/RFPs
- Technical owner for compliance matrices, produce comprehensive technical analysis documents for proposed solution(s), and hardware/system parts lists.
- Use existing customer system configurations, use cases, crew and maintenance operations to propose relevant upgrades in new solutions proposals.
- Assess potential impacts or changes to existing customer solutions made by new software products and recommend solutions or alternatives to alleviate such impacts.
- Collaborate with Account Management teams to identify business opportunities and provide technical solutions to customers during the RFP stages.
- Support sales meetings to present technical solutions that compatible with customer system platforms with the airline’ business model in mind.
- Support customer quarterly business review meetings to present solutions that solves customer’s business need and issues.
- Understand the customer’s corporate culture and their individual roles and responsibilities in order to develop relevant and meaningful discussion regarding their existing or desired system configuration(s).
- Attend customer meetings in-person and over teleconference) to consult as well as gather customer use cases for new and undeveloped product/system features.
- Conduct constructive discussions with customer to help them achieve their goals using Panasonic Avionics products
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Product Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other related engineering degree, or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years’ experience in large scale integrated systems, complex software system development and/or program/product management.
- 3+ years’ managerial experience in technical discipline.
- Require 10-15% travel
- Require planning to ensure the timely completion of several, complex projects (budgets and resources).
- Proven ability to establish goals, scope, approach, schedules, and manpower to accomplish overall objectives and programs.
- Must have a strong orientation to managing customer relations. Needs to work well under pressure and interact effectively with people from diverse cultural and political backgrounds.
- Ability to perform with only general guidance in the form of objectives established by senior management.
- Independently determines the best approaches for achieving results.
- Proven ability to communicate and work with cross-functional departments and groups. Must be able to handle crucial conversations and provide mutual respect with subordinates and peers.
- Typically require evaluation and analysis of administrative or business problems or allocation of resources.
- Proven ability to direct and coordinate staff in developing solutions to technical problems that require extensive investigation and clarification.
- Ability to participate effectively in technical presentations, demo, and meetings.
- Ability to construct a system configuration with minimum or no help from others
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.