The Corporate Accounting Manager is a pivotal leadership role that provides services to internal customers, communicates with Senior Management, and develops the next generation leaders. The successful applicant will demonstrate the ability to work with their staff and apply innovative and creative solutions and process improvement recommendations. This position is responsible for supervising and developing a team of direct reports, overseeing the general ledger accounting closing process, overseeing the forecast and business plan, completing the Corporate Department reporting, and accountable of the integrity of overall Hussmann financial statements. In addition, this position will work on various projects and process improvements within their group with other senior leaders in the organization. These projects will include collaboration with others and providing recommendations to the Senior Manager of Corporate Accounting and Treasury and other functional leaders and executives in the organization.
The Corporate Accounting Manager will work with the Senior Manager of Corporate Accounting and Treasury to drive teamwork, employee development and best practices in the Corporate Accounting and Shared Services Departments. This position will have responsibility for the following:
- The overall reporting process, including the generation of the business plan and monthly forecasts.
- Reporting on actual results and variances to the annual operating plan and prior forecast.
- Oversee the general ledger accounting and close process in the U.S. and Hussmann India.
- Oversee the Hussmann Intercompany accounting and reconciliation process.
- Oversee the general accounting and reporting for the following areas: Fixed Assets, Warranty, Other Assets/Accruals, Travel, Corporate SG&A, Miscellaneous tax legal entities, and freight accounts.
- Completing requirements as needed for the internal and external audit process.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s in Accounting Required
- 7+ Years of ascending experience, 1-2 years leading and developing a team
- CPA preferred
- Experience in a Shared Services/Corporate Accounting environment
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Suites (Proficient using v-lookups, pivots and other formulas in excel)
- Oracle and Hyperion experience a plus
- Power BI experience a plus
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills and the ability to manager competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills and customer service oriented
- Ability to generate new ideas and think independently; strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Minimal travel required