Panasonic Communications Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
The Communications Manager is responsible for the development and execution of Panasonic Energy's communication strategies, to include ongoing communication planning and thought leadership that elevates the internal and external image of the PENA brand and employee value proposition. Plans, coordinates, and monitors comprehensive marketing activities and operations related to all employer communications and creative solutions driving PENA business goals and culture strategy.
What You'll Get to Do:
- Develop and implement communication and messaging strategies that inform, educate, and engage PENA employees directly contributing to the company's top goals and business strategy.
- Drive employee value proposition narrative, reinforcing PENA values and strengthening reputation as a global employer of choice.
- Provide strategic communications counsel to include developing and implementing communications plans, developing key messages, and facilitating internal events to help achieve desired outcomes.
- Establish an integrated internal communications strategy in conjunction with PNA to cascade information and raise awareness of top company priorities and change initiatives throughout all locations and levels.
- Develop and supports interactive components and opportunities to scale and foster two way dialogue among employees and leaders. Leads employee communication measurement efforts.
- Oversee PENA internal and external communication platforms to include email, digital signage, intranet, mobile app, and social media.
- Lead planning for compelling content and narratives to communicate short and long term strategies that engage employees and prospective talent.
- Benchmark and identify best practices in employee communication, brand, and experience.
- Review procedures, materials, or processes to assure compliance to all specifications and standards.
- Comply with and enforce all procedures and work instructions.
- Respond to quality and work issues and take corrective action as appropriate.
- Has the organizational authority to identify and segregate, as necessary, suspect or non conforming material for example components, saleable product, specifications, controlled documents, etc. and to notify the appropriate authority manager, etc. for instructions.
Safety and EPA Compliance
- Maintain tools, equipment, and work areas in a neat and orderly manner and observes all work related safety practices and procedures.
- Will comply with all applicable Company safety policies, rules, and regulations.
- Must comply with all Federal, State, and local environmental laws and regulations and relevant company procedures and instructions related to the environmental management system and contribute to the achievement of the relevant environmental objectives and targets established by the Company.
- In addition, provides the leadership and resources for such activities as applicable.
- Responsible for understanding, implementing, and conformance to areas of the IATF and or ISO standards relevant to their process.
What You'll Bring:
Problem Solving and/or Know How
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, PR, Business, or a related field and five 5 years of related experience in a Marketing or Communications related function or seven 7 years of related experience in a Marketing or Communications related function or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in internal communications in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated skill in building rapport and partnership at all levels of the organization while driving toward consensus.
- Demonstrated experience in developing Communications Strategies and Programs.
- Demonstrated experience writing and editing corporate communications.
- Demonstrated experience as a creative problem solver and strong cross functional partner.
- Demonstrated experience developing talent and helping team members be successful and grow.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint as appropriate to the position and assignment.
- This position is located in Reno, Nevada
- Ability to work onsite.
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality and accuracy.
- Dependability, organization, problem solving and adaptability skills.
- Demonstrated multi tasking skills in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to coordinate and lead teams effectively.
- Must be detailed oriented and results driven.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision displaying strong self-motivation.
- Must have the ability to learn computer applications as necessary for the position.
- Must successfully complete any training or certification courses required to support or strengthen position.
- Must have the ability to read, interpret, and follow verbal and written instructions, work procedures and other related materials.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
- Must communicate appropriate information accurately and clearly as needed.
- Must have the ability to effectively and appropriately interface and communicate with a variety of individuals or groups on a frequent basis.
- Ability to travel as required of the position.
- Required to sit, stand, or walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects or use controls, tools, or equipment.
- May require the ability to use a keyboard and other office equipment.
- May require specific vision abilities that include close vision.
- May be required to perform concentrated work for extended periods of time.
- May be required to lift, carry, or exert items or objects of reasonable weight.
- May be required to perform duties beyond standard business hours.
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic prioritizes total wellbeing. We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs to support your physical, emotional, financial, social and environmental health.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
We understand that your career search may look different than others and embrace the professional, personal, educational, and volunteer opportunities through which people gain experience. If you are actively looking or starting to explore new opportunities, send us your application!\