Panasonic – Manager, Business Development
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
For a leading electric vehicle OEM, the candidate will lead all interactions, manage existing sales and new business development activity of Panasonic’s product portfolio excluding rechargeable batteries. In addition, s/he will lead new business development activity of Panasonic’s entire product portfolio with new, disruptive EV/Mobility companies in North America.
Assume total account responsibility for a leading electric vehicle OEM outside of rechargeable batteries. Maintain and strengthen relationships with all key decision-makers and stakeholders critical to existing product sales. Develop, grow and manage a pipeline of new opportunities. Utilize Panasonic technical and product experts as necessary to increase probabilities of success. Manage all stages of sales life cycle including but not limited to service, credit, delivery and contracts. Working with the Director of the Division, update annual and mid-term strategy to grow the business.
New Business Development:
Investigate the market for new EV / Mobility companies. Establish relationships for new accounts and match market needs with Panasonic capabilities. Provide direction to product management and factory on what specification, price levels and programs are necessary to succeed. Identify new opportunities, build out pipeline and secure new orders.
Communication & Reporting:
Maintain communication with product management to assure customer support and engineering assistance. Recommend product, pricing and program changes for new products to meet customer and market needs. Provide reporting, as necessary to company management and global management. Assist in developing annual and mid-term strategic business plans as it pertains to assigned account (s).
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- 4-year college degree. Business or marketing degree is preferred
- Additional engineering educational background is a bonus. 5+ years of experience in sales, marketing or business development is required
- Experience in hi-tech, traditional automotive or electric vehicle industry is a bonus
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills with a willingness to collaborate with all personality types
- Organizational and operational excellence
- Self-starter with a passion for new business creation
- Self-driven ability to contact new customers or partner to draw out information necessary for new business development
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Presentation development and delivery proficiency
- Ability to understand and articulate technical concepts into actionable business opportunities
- Effective negotiation capability
- 30% domestic travel required. Some international travel may be required.
- Experienced with all Microsoft Suite products
- Experience with Salesforce or equivalent CRM tool
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.