Manager of Architecture
Lead a software architecture team in our journey to future technology evolution while innovating the way airlines and passengers will experience the in-flight experience. Our technology stacks include state of the art embedded systems, global satellite networks, as well as private and public cloud solutions.
Build collaborative relationships with various stake holders including product management, customer services organization, scoping & planning, development and other PAC teams.
Lead a group of architects in a wide spectrum of specialties. Ensure key architectural questions are addressed in an efficient manner – approaching architecture with a “servitude” mindset.
Help establish a technology culture of continual improvement augmented by governance which is to be applied in a practical manner – while balancing creativity.
Coach and mentor architects in a variety of stages of their development life cycle – always striving to continually improve the team’s capabilities and skill sets.
Manage the team’s assignments, coordinating with other planning teams to ensure the Architecture team stays in-synch with the business priorities.
What You will be Doing:
- Through assessment of intangible variables, identifies and evaluates fundamental issues, providing strategy and direction for the architecture team.
- Establish strong working relationships with other engineering teams promoting world class practices that enable rapid development of high-quality solutions.
- Participate and contribute to the plan for achieving the business strategies and company’s goals resulting in identification and implementation of solutions. Provide architecture that takes into considerations cross-functional functional and non-functional requirements.
- Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operation(s) and may also have company-wide effect.
- Responsible for technical deliverables of the group.
- Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning other functional areas or company departments.
- Manages activities that require cross-functional coordination as well as prioritization within the Architecture team.
- Interface with other business units to help establish common tools, workflows, best practices, and standards to promote concurrent engineering. Establish proper interfaces for exchange of data between departments, business units, and vendors.
- Responsible for strategic and tactical direction.
Education and Required Experience:
- Bachelor Science degree in Engineering is required.
- 5+ years of management experience, directly supervising and mentoring staff required.
- 12+ years architectural practice with 6+ years hands on experience delivering architecture to development teams.
- Must possess a solid background in relevant engineering discipline
- Must have strong architectural skill sets required for decision making and providing guidance for architectural initiatives
Related Soft skills requirements:
- Requires building a solid working relationship with Product Management and other stake holders to ensure the architectural direction will meet near and long-term business goals.
- Demonstrated capability to map business strategies and company goals to an architectural roadmap
- Resolves issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Must be able to provide advanced support and mentoring to staff.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively supervise others.
- Ability to influence direction across multiple departments.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to work in a challenging fast-paced environment and a strong desire to learn.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while working under pressure.
- Strong sense of urgency and ownership. Must be hands on and self-motivated
Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.