Panasonic – Manager, Application Development
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Work with team members to plan and execute projects, ensuring that the teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, project plans, direction, and resources to deliver products effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that they remain on target to meet those timelines.
- Understand user, customer and market requirements while ensuring solutions and the product roadmap are aligned to drive demand and meet market needs.
- Monitor, track and report the status of all the projects of various teams, acting as a gateway through which work should be assigned to appropriate teams while ensuring that project scope is adequately defined.
- Understand the domain, the existing software system applications, architecture in various areas and improve the system to be more user-friendly
- Serve as the technical lead for all discussions with customers as well as with other R&D teams within and outside the organization.
- Create Roadmap for the product that a) aligns to the Equipment Development strategy of the parent company; b) meets the future needs of our customers and c) define solutions for challenges that they may encounter in this ever-evolving industry.
- Also responsible for managing the Product Information Team that supports periodical Versions and major Releases Work as mentor within the organization, help staff resolve problems both technical as well as human resources related, tracking and approving vacation and personal days for employees within the team and monitoring individual employees’ performance and taking corrective actions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development.
- Identify new areas of growth in other domains and related industries and explore opportunities for synergy by leveraging existing software architecture in fulfilling the needs for automation of that industry domain.
What You’ll Bring:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of management/ leadership experience in a software development organization required.
- Candidate must have at least 4 years of proven experience working through the design, development, release-cycle delivering product to market.
- Experience in Manufacturing environment with Factory Automation software development and/ or related software experience a strong plus.
- Candidate should have large / enterprise application development experience Strong understanding of the Product Development life-cycle.
- Strong leadership, project management skills, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Experience in software development using Linux/C++, Microsoft .Net or other web application frameworks.
- Candidate should be able to manage, evaluate, and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills in engaging global cross-functional technical teams as well as building/ developing offshore and onsite development teams.
- A proven record for successful delivery of software systems in a similar role.
- Ability and willingness to dive into software and technical issues during design/development stage as well as during troubleshooting of customer issues.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with strong product and program management skills. Excellent written and oral communication
- Deep understanding of video signal processing, video codecs, video compression, transcoding and experience designing and/or integrating multimedia solutions.
- Previous experience in developing public safety solutions an law enforcement solutions is preferred (not required) Solid understanding of development, testing and integration methodologies
- Knowledge of current and emerging IT products, services, and processes. Broad understanding of programming logic concepts and application analysis and design techniques.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with both technical and non-technical staff. Ability to adapt to changing technology and priorities.
- Strong analytical thinking skills. Good planning, organizing, decision-making and problem-solving skills. Thorough with careful attention to detail
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.