Oversight of IFEC PDE Efforts
- Participate in the design, development and sustaining of existing and new products of IFEC as well as system requirement.
- Interface with PDE staff and management to determine project workloads and priorities.
- Manage daily activities of the PDE team assignments.
- Manage the development of test methodologies, plans and procedures.
- Manage to design and build Jigs which are required in production.
- Manage to design production process.
- Manage technical development to ensure compliance with product definitions including environmental requirements.
- Meet with employees to review performance against objectives/conduct performance reviews.
- Assist in developing budgetary requirements and recommendations.
- Responsible for managing department budget and managing Production Design Engineering Section.
- Conduct performance reviews.
- Manage to cooperate with Manufacturing sec. for manufacturing people’s training.
- Manage to analyze and provide solutions for quality issues at manufacturing.
- BSEE/ME, MSEE/ME or PhD in engineering with related management experience. This includes some knowledge of FAA certification requirements.
- 5 - 10 years experience in hardware engineering.
- 10+ years IFEC experience desired.
- 5 - 10 years previous experience managing a technical workforce.
- Project Management experience is recommended.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of functional area, business strategies, and the company’s goals.
- Resolves issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning other functional areas or company departments.
- Familiar and proficient with multiple systems and operating systems.
- Must be able to provide advanced support and mentoring to staff.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively supervise others.
- Ability to influence direction across multiple departments.
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to work in a challenging fast-paced environment and a strong desire to learn.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while working under pressure.
- Strong sense of urgency and ownership. Must be hands on and self motivated.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.