Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more. If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Manages the financial close process (lead closing meetings, coordinate with different stakeholders, prepares and/or reviews journal entries), prepares and/or reviews account reconciliations, prepare and/or reviews financial statements, works with external and internal audit, manages a team of 2 to 5 accountants. Improves processes to strengthen controls and accuracy. Ensures the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data. Participates in SOX testing, annual audits, and special projects. Develops and evaluates personnel to ensure internal growth of talent.
- Performs technical accounting research to ensure proper accounting treatment and keep up to date with accounting standards
- Compares actual to budget and seek explanations for significant variances
- Maintains Oracle, such as adding new accounts, maintain mapping
- Maintains leases via CoStar tool
- Administers Blackline tool
- Participates in the development of company accounting policy and administers approved accounting procedures.
- Assists top management (CFO and Controller) in making day-to-day operating decisions and offers advice on various aspects of company management.
- Reports company’s financial to parent company via an internal system
- Assists other departments in the evaluation of their performance in accordance with budgetary goals, company principles, rules, regulations, procedures and best accounting practices
- Conducts special accounting studies, analyses and cost studies. Prepares special accounting reports and studies for operating management and parent company
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 8 years of diversified accounting experience
- 3 years in a management role
- Experience with technical accounting research and application
- CPA Certification and Oracle experience desired
- Analytical and problem-solving skills using pragmatic yet creative approaches to implementing successful financial strategies
- Excellent organizational, communication and internal/external customer service skills
- Critical thinking skill, flexible to approach challenges in various angles
- Brings best practices to the company
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off:
- Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees.
- Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure.
- All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
- Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI).
- Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family.
- Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.