- Resolves all maintenance and mechanical problems promptly with minimal disruption to production schedules.
- Follows all lock-out, tag-out procedures.
- Performs conveyor belt repair, minor equipment repair, and replaces parts in need of replacing.
- Works independently and repairs or troubleshoots machines and systems using necessary tools. Understands the tools and equipment needed to do each job.
- Understands and determines when and what type of maintenance is needed.
- Monitors machine operations, gauges, dials, or other indicators to ensure machine is working properly.
- Light preventative maintenance operations.
- Maintenance work such as light electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and building maintenance.
- Enable effective communications.
- Maintain a clean and safe work place Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates
- Keep equipment and facilities in good condition to work.
TEAMWORK: Works with peers to achieve common goals.
EQUIPMENT: Responsible for optimum performance related to equipment.
- Willingness to work an off shift and weekends, although hours and shifts can change based on business needs.
- Work performed in a warehouse type facility with temperatures subject to normal environmental conditions.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Preferred Skills Prior factory experience is a plus.
- Must be able to read and understand instructions and possess basic arithmetic skills.
- Must be able to stand for duration of shifts (8-12 hrs.).
- May be required to work a flexible schedule.
- Electrical knowledge is a plus (building wiring, machine wiring, etc)
- Plumbing knowledge is a plus