Job Title: Manufacturing Technician I
Shift: Day Shift
Category: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
The Manufacturing Technician I maintain the production machinery in proper operating order through preventative maintenance and has demonstrated knowledge up to 10% of SOPs within a specific manufacturing process. This role will be exposed to troubleshooting, repair, and improvement activities. Will also be required to perform the functions of an operator.
- Checks settings, gauge readings, sensors, etc. regularly in-order to keep machines operating at proper specifications.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on machines according to documented requirements.
- Makes continuing visual and audible observations of the machines in order to detect any abnormalities.
- Tightens bolts and inspects belts and chains for wear and tear for proper tensions.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities such as periodic cleaning and lubrication of machines, change oil and swap out parts.
Restores machines to correct operating function:
- Makes the needed mechanical and pneumatic adjustments.
- Ability to recover all error codes
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Report faulty operations and defective material to proper supervision.
- Supports modifications to the machines and overall process in-order to help increase the efficiency and production of the department.
- Partners with operators on how to complete cleaning tasks, minor repairs and adjustments to the machines.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of all work done on the equipment and machines.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: Some High School
- Preferred: High School Diploma, GED (General Education Development) or equivalent required.
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English.
- 2 years of production or manufacturing experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for -specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment.
Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to:
Tools and/or Equipment:
Office Equipment (Fax, copier, 10-key)
Required Lifting and Carrying:
Weight to be manually lifted each normal workday. (Occasional 1 - 33%, Frequent 34 - 66%, Continuous 67 - 100%)
Up to 10 lbs
Up to 20 lbs
Up to 35 lbs
Team-Lift Only (over 35 lbs)
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.