Job Title: Technician I
Shift: A Shift
The Manufacturing Technician maintains the production machinery in proper operating order through preventative maintenance and has demonstrated knowledge up to 10% of SOPs within a specific manufacturing process. This role will be exposed to troubleshooting, repair, and improvement activities. Will also be required to perform the functions of an operator.
- Check settings, gauge readings, and sensors regularly to keep machines operating at proper specifications
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on machines according to documented requirements
- Make continuing visual and audible observations of the machines to detect any abnormalities
- Tighten bolts and inspects belts and chains for wear and tear for proper tensions
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities such as periodic cleaning and lubrication of machines, change oil and swap out parts
- Restore machines to correct operating functions
- Make the needed mechanical and pneumatic adjustments
- Ability to recover all error codes
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Report faulty operations and defective material to proper supervision
- Support modifications to the machines and overall process to help increase the efficiency and production of the department
- Partner with operators on how to complete cleaning tasks, minor repairs and adjustments to the machines
- Maintain complete and accurate records of all work done on the equipment and machines
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: Some high school education
- Preferred: High School Diploma, GED (General Education Development) or equivalent
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Minimum of 2 years of production or manufacturing experience
- Skilled with Microsoft Office Suite, including, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Resilient and self-motivated
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 20%
- Walk: 20%
- Stand: 50%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Frequent
- Up to 20 lbs.: Frequent
- Up to 35 lbs.: Frequent
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Frequent
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.