Highly skilled maintenance team member. Responsible for everyday maintenance procedures, rebuilds, installing of facility machinery and contributing to process improvement with the maintenance department. Performs highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and other plant equipment.
- Responsible for leading others, assigning daily work assignments and ordering replacement or repair parts.
- Resolves all maintenance and mechanical problems promptly with minimal disruption to production schedules.
- Follows all lock-out, tag-out procedures.
- Performs conveyor belt repair, minor equipment repair, and replaces parts in need of replacing.
- Works independently and repairs or troubleshoots machines and systems using necessary tools.
- Understands the tools and equipment needed to do each job.
- Understands and determines when and what type of maintenance is needed.
- Monitors machine operations, gauges, dials, or other indicators to ensure machine is working properly.
- Light preventative maintenance operations.
- Maintenance work such as light electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and building maintenance.
- Enable effective communications.
- Maintain a clean and safe work place
- Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates
- Keep equipment and facilities in good condition to work.
TEAMWORK: Works with peers to achieve common goals.
EQUIPMENT: Responsible for optimum performance related to equipment.
Roles and Responsibilities are not limited to items spelled out in this page. Other functions may be asked of any employee
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Willingness to work an off shift and weekends, although hours and shifts can change based on business needs.
- Work performed in a warehouse type facility with temperatures subject to normal environmental conditions.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Electrical knowledge (building wiring, machine wiring, etc.)
- Plumbing knowledge
- Preferred Skills
- Industrial maintenance – 3 years preferred
- Welding – 3 years preferred
- Trouble shooting – 3 years preferred
- Prior factory experience is a plus.
- Must be able to read and understand instructions and possess basic arithmetic skills.
- Must be able to stand for duration of shifts (8-12 hrs.).
- May be required to work a flexible schedule.