Panasonic Avionics Corporation (PAC) is headquartered in California, with offices and regional centers in Dubai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Europe and UK; system production facilities in Osaka; as well as field service, maintenance and sales facilities worldwide.
MAINTENANCE SERVICES TECHNICIAN II (MST II) – PERMANENT FULL-TIME
Currently we have an opportunity for a qualified Maintenance Services Technician II (Aircraft Maintenance Engineer) (permanent full-time) to be based in our Auckland office. This is a rotating shiftwork position (including weekends), with average work hours of 40 hours per week, averaged over a year.
Aircraft Maintenance and Support:
- Perform routine line maintenance transit checks for airline customers.
- Perform trouble shooting and defect rectification, built-in test (BIT) and manual test of aircraft systems in accordance with all applicable documentation.
- Identify necessary repairs to restore functional acceptance, including removal and replacement of defective line replaceable units.
- Operate a vehicle on airport property and around aircraft.
- Operate airline communications equipment.
- Communicate and interface with customer.
- Complete aircraft maintenance documentation in accordance with customer specific requirements and company systems.
- Assist in the management of aeronautical parts and inventory
- Perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or management.
What we’re looking for:
- Relevant aviation maintenance license or apprenticeship.
- Minimum 5 years aviation industry experience preferred.
- Hold a valid driver’s license and be able to meet the requirements of the airport authority for access and vehicle operation on their premises.
- Ability to work 24/7 shift, weekends and public holidays to meet operational requirements.
- Proven troubleshooting knowledge acquired through commercial aviation, military experience or technical school education combined with one or two years of related industry experience.
- Physically fit to perform manual handling duty for extended periods and ability to lift a minimum of 25 kgs.
- Ability to operate under extreme weather conditions and in confined spaces for extended periods.
- Ability to cope with environmental conditions which may include exposure to congestion and varying noise levels.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow company and airline instructions, procedures, diagrams and manuals, and comprehend and follow verbal instruction in English.
- High attention to detail, practical and written.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Willing to travel internationally and locally up to 25% of the time
What We Offer
At Panasonic Avionics New Zealand we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive, and flexible benefits program.
Annual salary: $65,000 - $94,200 plus estimated 15% to 30% shift penalties. Salary payable monthly basis.
Application closing date: 16 June 2023
For any inquiry related to this role, please call Mr. Kiran Gajaria at +61 407 702 802
- The prospective candidate will be required to undergo a pre-employment check (which may include background, employment history, drug and alcohol test, etc) as part of the recruitment process.
- The successful candidate will be required to hold an AIC which will include a criminal history/police clearance check.