Maintenance Services Technician I – Honolulu
Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
As a Maintenance Services Technician I for PAC, you will be servicing our electronic aviation devices onboard planes! How exciting would it be to be a part of the technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Under direct supervision, perform Line Maintenance on Aircraft In Flight Entertainment and Connectivity (IFEC) systems and other aircraft equipment to ensure system serviceability and functionality. Carry out systems troubleshooting using basic computer and electronic theories and test equipment. Remove and replace components and equipment in accordance with regulations, policies and procedures. If applicable, complete all administrative duties associated with maintenance actions performed.
The salary or hourly wage range of $21.60 – $27.42 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
· IFEC and Aircraft Systems Maintenance:
· Perform under supervision allocated maintenance tasks including component replacement, adjustments, and functional tests which includes but not limited to:
· Remove and replace components in accordance with all applicable documentation.
· Troubleshoot system failures down to Line Replaceable Units (LRU), cabling, or other aircraft systems and perform functional tests post rectification.
· Perform Cabin Sweep's in accordance with Panasonic LMP's and report findings.
· Perform Built-in (BIT) and manual test.
· Perform Software and Media Loading.
· Clean components and equipment racks if applicable to contract.
· If applicable, complete customer documentation in accordance with customer specific requirements
· Ensure timely escalation and coordination in close contact with direct Supervisor of any problem occurring in the assigned aircraft area.
· Perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by direct Supervisor.
· As required, work on other aircraft equipment as assigned.
· Communicate and interface with customer.
· Assist in the management of airside inventory, cycle counting, packaging and shipping of inventory.
· Maintain high standards of housekeeping health and safety and tool care.
· Perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by immediate Supervisor or Management.
· Secondary / technical school as minimum preferred.
· Electronics or A/C avionics background preferred.
· Essential Aircraft maintenance experience preferred.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Ability to work in a high-stress, high-pressure environment.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Basic computer skills in using Linux.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Normally receives detailed instructions on all work.
· Use professional concepts while applying company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
· Must be fluent in English
· Must have the legal right to work in assigned country through nationality, visa or work permits.
· Ability to pass extensive security and background checks.
· May require both international and domestic travel, up to 25 % of time, to other line station locations to provide relief from time to time as required.
· Must hold a valid driver's license and be able to meet the requirements of the airport authority for access and vehicle operation on their premises.
· Ability to work a rotating shift roster that spans 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
· Manual dexterity to grasp and work with tool parts and equipment.
· Ability to:
· Climb and work from ladder or platform and,
· Sitting, standing, bending or twisting for extended periods and
· to lift up to 50 pounds and
· operate under extreme weather conditions and in confined spaces for extended periods and
· Ability to cope with environmental conditions which may include exposure to congestion and varying noise levels.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.