Maintenance Services Technician I
Under direct supervision, perform Line Maintenance on Aircraft In Flight Entertainment and Connectivity (IFEC) systems and other aircraft equipment to ensure system serviceability and functionality. Carry out systems troubleshooting using basic computer and electronic theories and test equipment. Remove and replace components and equipment in accordance with regulations, policies and procedures. If applicable, complete all administrative duties associated with maintenance actions performed.
IFEC and Aircraft Systems Maintenance:
- Perform under supervision allocated maintenance tasks including component replacement, adjustments, and functional tests which includes but not limited to:
- Remove and replace components in accordance with all applicable documentation.
- Troubleshoot system failures down to Line Replaceable Units (LRU), cabling, or other aircraft systems and perform functional tests post rectification.
- Perform Cabin Sweep’s in accordance with Panasonic LMP’s and report findings.
- Perform Built-in (BIT) and manual test.
- Perform Software and Media Loading.
- Clean components and equipment racks if applicable to contract.
- If applicable, complete customer documentation in accordance with customer specific requirements
- Ensure timely escalation and coordination in close contact with direct Supervisor of any problem occurring in the assigned aircraft area.
- Perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by direct Supervisor.
- As required, work on other aircraft equipment as assigned.
- Communicate and interface with customer.
- Assist in the management of airside inventory, cycle counting, packaging and shipping of inventory.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping health and safety and tool care.
- Perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by immediate Supervisor or Management.
- Essential Aircraft maintenance experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a high-stress, high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Basic computer skills in using Linux.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Normally receives detailed instructions on all work.
- Use professional concepts while applying company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Must be fluent in English
- Secondary / technical school as minimum.
- Electronics or A/C avionics background.
- Must have the legal right to work in assigned country through nationality, visa or work permits.
- Ability to pass extensive security and background checks.
- May require both international and domestic travel, up to 25 % of time, to other line station locations to provide relief from time to time as required.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be able to meet the requirements of the airport authority for access and vehicle operation on their premises.
- Ability to work a rotating shift roster that spans 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Manual dexterity to grasp and work with tool parts and equipment.
- Ability to:
- Climb and work from ladder or platform and,
- Sitting, standing, bending or twisting for extended periods and
- Lift up to 50 pounds and
- Operate under extreme weather conditions and in confined spaces for extended periods
- Ability to cope with environmental conditions which may include exposure to congestion and varying noise levels
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.