Panasonic Avionics is the market leader in the world of In Flight Entertainment and Connectivity (IFEC), offering sophisticated products and unparalleled service levels to deliver industry leading in-flight entertainment through video, audio, games, software applications and telecommunications.
Our success is built upon our cutting-edge technology and outstanding customer service, driven by our corporate heritage and as we enter an exciting period of rapid global expansion to support new business, we are seeking a Maintenance Services Rep, Lead to join our team at Gatwick Airport.
As a Maintenance Services Rep, Lead you will provide Lead Maintenance Service Representative (MSR) support at any appropriate location to which the incumbent is assigned. Perform maintenance, preventive maintenance, and alterations to Panasonic Avionics Corporation (PAC) In-flight Entertainment Systems on aircraft subjected to FAA/EASA Part 121 & 145 to include: troubleshooting and testing of electronic assemblies and units, the removal and replacement of electronic assemblies, units or cabling while installed in the aircraft and the modification/alteration of installed equipment.
- Assist in developing a work schedule that incorporates the needs of the customer and Panasonic Avionics Corporation (PAC) and provide a monthly update by the fifth of the following month.
- Lead line technicians as they perform their duties.
- Schedule line technician's daily maintenance activities.
Aircraft/IFE Maintenance and Support
- Perform maintenance, preventive maintenance, and alterations to PAC IFE Systems on aircraft subject to EASA Part 121, & 145.
- Perform troubleshooting and testing of electronic assemblies and units, and the removal and replacement of electronic assemblies, units or cabling while installed in the aircraft.
- Build customer satisfaction through identification, tracking, reporting, and successfully overcome all technical issues for assigned airlines using networked communication systems.
- Be a strong customer advocate inside Panasonic Avionics to help engineers and management understand and appreciate the customer's views and negotiation points.
- Technically support the customer as a liaison between line operations and PAC departments.
- Aggressively contribute to the resolution of all in-fleet problems, assisting the efforts of affected support and engineering organizations within PAC.
- Develop and maintain a thorough and accurate knowledge of all PAC products, testers, harnesses, and associated equipment. Requires that employee maintain knowledge of product revisions and modifications.
- Perform daily data entry tasks and administrative duties.
- Operate as the local trainer on the PAC IFE SYSTEM.
Your skills/ qualifications:
- Must have experience working in as an IFE Maintenance Engineer.
- Must hold an EASA A, B1 and or B2 ( station specific)
- Airline maintenance operations and 24/7 technical support experience highly desired.
- Current and valid driver’s license required.
- May require both international and domestic travel, up to 25% of time, to other line station locations to provide relief from time to time as required.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends and holidays.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others.
- Advanced background and knowledge of electronics and troubleshooting generally acquired through commercial aviation, military experience or technical school education combined with two years of related industry experience.
- Ability to work in a high-stress, high-pressure environment.
- Consistently works on moderately complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues. Makes recommendations for new procedures.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments. Often acts as a facilitator and team leader.
- As a highly skilled specialist, contributes to the development of concepts and techniques. Completes complex tasks in creative and effective ways.